The employment of inorganic fertilizers to overcome soil nutrient deficiency causes the depletion of microfloral diversity in the soil. Hence, there is a necessity to implement different eco-friendly strategies to maintain the nutrient level. In a series of experiments funded by SITINPLANT European Project, we have previously determined the interaction between the mycorrhizae and antagonistic biocontrol micro-organisms and their effect on diseases and plant nutrient uptake of several plants and trees. On the basis of the inferences obtained from that project, we are presently working on the utilization of mycorrhizal fungi and bacteria as organic fertilizers (i.e. biofertilizers) for wheat development. Our specific aim is to determine the strategies that may support to decrease the usage of commercial P fertilizers. The results of these experiments will provide an insight into the effective usage of different microorganisms for improving crop productivity and increasing food security.
- Noor, Sobia & Yaseen, Muhammad & Naveed, Muhammad & Ahmad, Rashid. (2017). Effectiveness of diammonium phosphate impregnated with Pseudomonas putida for improving maize growth and phosphorus use efficiency. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences. 27.
- Zhang H, Huang Y, Ye X, Shi L, Xu F (2009) Genotypic differences in phosphorus acquisition and the rhizosphere properties of Brassica napus in response to low phosphorus stress. Plant and Soil. 320:91-102.
- Ortas I, Bykova A (2018) The Effect of Mycorrhiza Inoculation and Phosphorus Application on Phosphorus Efficiency of Wheat Plants. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 49: 1199-1207.
- Dogan Y, Togay Y, Togay N (2014) Türkiye’de Tescil Edilmiş Bazı Ekmeklik Buğday (Triticum aestivumL.) Çeşitlerinin Mardin - Kızıltepe Koşullarında Verim ve Bazı Verim Özelliklerinin Belirlenmesi. Yüzüncü Yıl Üniversitesi Tarım Bilimleri Dergisi 24: 241- 247
- Jasinski, Stephen M. (2016). US Department of the Interior, US Geological Survey. Mineral commodity summaries 2016.
- Van Kauwenbergh, Steven J. (2010). World phosphate rock reserves and resources. Muscle Shoals: IFDC, 2010.
- Eraslan, F., İnal, A., Güneş, A., Erdal, İ., & Coşkan, A. (2009). Türkiye’de Kimyasal Gübre Üretim ve Tüketim Durumu, Sorunlar, Çözüm Önerileri ve Yenilikler. Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi, Ziraat Fakültesi, Toprak Bilimi ve Bitki Besleme Bölümü, Isparta
- Güçdemir, İ. H. (2006). Türkiye gübre ve gübreleme rehberi. Güncelleştirilmiş ve genişletilmiş 5. Baskı. Tarımsal Araştırmalar Genel Müdürlüğü, Toprak ve Gübre Araştırma Enstitüsü Müdürlüğü Yayınları.
- Çolakoğlu, H., Çokuysal, B., & Çakıcı, H. (2005). Türkiye’de Gübre Üretimi ve Tüketimi. Tarımda Potasyumun Yeri ve Önemi, 13.
- Correll, D. L. (1998). The Role of phosphorus in the eutrophication of receiving waters: A review. Journal of Environmental Quality 27, pp. 261 – 266.
- Mengel, K. ve Kirkby, E. A., 2012, Principles of plant nutrition, Springer Science & Business Media, p
- Vance, C. P., Uhde‐ Stone, C. ve Allan, D. L., (2003). Phosphorus acquisition and use: critical adaptations by plants for securing a nonrenewable resource, New Phytologist, 157 (3), 423- 447.
- van de Wiel, C. C. M., van der Linden, C. G. ve Scholten, O. E., 2016, Improving phosphorus use efficiency in agriculture: opportunities for breeding, Euphytica, 207 (1), 1-22. FAO, 2017, The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017: Building Resilience for Peace and Food Security, Food Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, p. FAO, U., 2009, How to feed the world in 2050, Rome: High-Level Expert Forum. United Nations 2015. World Population Prospects: The 2015 Revision, Key Findings and Advance Tables p. 1-66.