Watershed sources management is considered as a new principle for development planning and management of water and soil resources emphasizing on various criteria of the region to sustainable livelihoods and without vulnerability of plant and the residents of an area. Aiming at management of soil and water resources with scenario building approach, current study has evaluated and prioritized biological management options in the study area. With a choice of four biological management activities, scenarios were developed and then criteria weighting and ultimately the best management option selection was carried out using analytic hierarchy process (AHP). The results indicated that social, ecological, economic and physical criteria were respectively prioritized from one to four and scenario number 16 was identified as the best scenario and the first priority.
- I.W. Heathcote, Integrated watershed management. John Wiley and Sons, 1998.
- A.J. Jakeman and R.A. Letcher, Integrated assessment and modelling: features, principles and examples for catchment management, Env. Mod. Soft., 18 (2003) 491-501.
- H. Van Delden, T. stuczynski, P. Ciaian, M.L. Paracchini, J. Hurkens, A. Lopatka, Y. Shi, O. Gomez Prieto, S. Calvo, J. Van Vliet and R. Vanhout, Integrated assessment of agricultural policies with dynamic land use change modelling, Eco. Mod., 221 (2010) 2153-2166.
- R.A. Kelly (Letcher), A.J. Jakeman, O. Barreteau, M.E. Borsuk, S. ElSawah, S.H. Hamilton, H.J. Henrikson, S. Kuikka, H.R. Maier, A.E. Rizzoli, H. Van Delden and A.A. Voinov, Selecting among five common modelling approaches for integrated environmental assessment and management, Env. Mod. Sof., 47 (2013) 158-181.
- G.F. Laniak, G. Olchin, J. Goodall, A. Voinov, M. Hill, P. Glynn, G. Whelan, G. Geller, N. Quinn, M. Blind, S. Peckham, S. Reaney, N. Gaber, R. Kennedy, A. Hughes, Integrated environmental modeling: a vision and roadmap for the future, Env. Mod. Soft. 39 (2013) 3-23.
- M. Cinelli, S.R. Coles and K. Kirwan, Analysis of the potentials of multi criteria decision analysis methods to conduct sustainability assessment, Eco. Ind., 46 (2014) 138–148.
- H. Chakroun, Z. Lili Chabaane and S. Benabdallah, Concept and prototype of a spatial decision support system for integrated water management applied to Ichkeul Basin, Tunisia, Wat. Env. J., 29 (2015) 169–179.
- A.R. Keshtkar, A. Salajegheh, A. Sadoddin and M.G. Allan, Application of Bayesian networks for sustainability assessment in catchment modeling and management (Case study: The Hablehrood river catchment), Eco. Mod., 268 (2013) 48–54.
- C. Fulcher, T. Prato and Y. Zhou, Economic and environmental impact assessment using a watershed management decision support tool Knowledge and subtopics on watershed management issues. San Diego (USA) ESRI, 1997.
- G.A. Mendoza and R. Prabhu, Fuzzy methods for assessing criteria and indicators of sustainable forest management, Eco. Ind., 3 (2003) 227–236.
- J. Bromley, N.A. Jackson, O.J. Clymer, A.M. Giacomello and F.V. Jensen, The use of Hugin to develop Bayesian networks as an aid to integrated water resource planning, Env. Mod. Soft., 20 (2005) 231-242.
- A. Sadoddin, R.A. Letcher, A.J. Jakeman and L.T.H. Newham, A Bayesian decision network approach for assessing the ecological impacts of salinity management, Mat. Com. Sim., 69 (2005) 162-176.
- R.A. Letcher, B.F.W. Croke, A.J. Jakeman and W.S. Merrit, An integrated modelling toolbox for water resources assessment and management in highland catchments: model description, Ag. Sys., 89 (2006) 106-131.
- A. Benzerra, M. Cherrared, B. Chocat, F. Cherqui and T. Zekiouk, Decision support for sustainable urban drainage system management: A case study of Jijel, Algeria, J. Env. Man., 101 (2012) 46-53.
- C. Gutzler, K. Helming, D. Balla, R. Dannowski, D. Deumlich, A. Knierim, W. Mirschel, C. Nendel, C., Paul, S. Sieber, M. Glemnitz, U. Stachow, R. Wieland, A. Wurbs, P. Zander, A. Starick, Agricultural land use changes – a scenario-based sustainability impact assessment for Brandenburg, Germany, Eco. Ind., 48 (2015) 505–517.
- D. Al-Rashdan, B., Al-Kloub, A., Dean and T., AlShemmeri, Environmental impact assessment and ranking the environmental projects in Jordan. Eu J. Oper. Res., 118 (1999) 30- 45.
- M. Flug, H.L.H., Seitz and J.F., Scott, Multicriteria decision analysis applied to Glen Canyon Dam, J. Wat. Res. Plan. . Manag., 126 (2000) 270-276.
- M.E. Qureshi and S.R. Harison, A decision support process to compare riparian revegetation options in Scheu Creek catchment in North Queensland, J. Env. Manag., 62 (2001) 101- 112.
- A. Sadoddin, V. Sheikh, R. Mostafazadeh and M.Gh. Halili, Analysis of vegetation-based management scenarios using MCDM in the Ramian watershed, Golestan, Iran, Intl. J. Pl. Prod., 4 (2010) 1-12.