Described in the scientific literature the results of experimental studies and performance test of the technological process of sugar beet harvesting conducted in recent years have shown that modern sugar-beet harvesters manufactured in Europe and America work with significant losses of sugar-bearing plant materials. These losses are due to generally poor topping quality of sugar beet on a root. Therefore, nowadays the search of technical solutions enabling to avoid these losses is of great to importance as it increases the yield of sugar-bearing plant materials per hectare of crops. The purpose of research is to reduce the losses of sugar-bearing plant materials in the course of separation process of sugar beet tops from heads of root crops on a root. While conducting research the methods of field experimental research on the measurement of physical parameters of the technological process were used, as well as methods of statistical processing of the measurement results with the use of computer. New experimental equipment was designed for the field experimental studies being equipped with modern electronic equipment with data transfer to a PC. As a result of the experimental investigation of the distribution heads heights above the ground of sugar beet roots confirmation has been received hypothesis that it does not deny the law of the normal distribution. The results of the multiple measurements enabled set limits of changes in their statistical characteristics, which are as follows: average statistical deviation σ = 20 … 30 mm, the expectation m = 40 … 60 mm. A new design of the laboratory equipment and results of the experimental studies, conducted on it, have given every reason to design and develop a new system of automatic adjustment of the height of cut tops, which can be used in designs of modern sugar-beet harvesting machines.
- A new experimental equipment that allows carrying out field studies for plants distribution of sugar beet in a row, the heads height above the soil surface and possible loss of sugar beet at harvest.
- As a result of the pilot study of heads height distribution of sugar beet heads above the soil surface confirmed the hypothesis that it obeys the normal distribution. The limits changes in the statistical distribution of characteristics that show the average deviation σ = 20 ... 30 mm, the expectation m = 40 ... 60 mm.
- Experimental studies established the following best indicators of quality of sugar beet harvesting: sugar-bearing plant materials losses – 4%, tops on the remains of roots – 2%, roots damage – 3%.
- The results of the pilot study have created the prerequisites for the creation of electronic system that automatically correct tops cutting height on the sugar-beet harvesters of modern technical level.
- Literature 1. Bulgakov V.M. Theory of beet harvesting machinery. Monograph (In Russian language). – Kiev: Izdatelskiy tsentr Natsionalnogo agrarnogo universiteta, 2005. – 245 p. 2. Pogorelyy L.V., Tatyanko N.V. Machines for harvest sugar beets: history, design theory, forecast (In Russian language). – Kiev: Feniks, 2004. – 232 p. 3. Khelemendyk M. M. Increasing the mechanical and technological efficiency of labor-intensive processes in the sugar beet production (In Russian language) [Ph.D. thesis.]. – Ternopil .: TPI, 1996. – 48 p. 4. Bulgakov V. M. Sugar-beet harvesting machines (In Russian language). – Kiev: Agrarnaya nauka, 2011. – 351 p. 5. Boris N. M. Justification process and parameters of working body to remove sugar beet tops (In Russian language) [Ph.D. thesis.]. – Vinnitsa, 2009. – 20 p.
- Zuyev N. N., Toporovskiy S.A. Cut without copier of root heads (In Russian language) // Saharnaya svekla. – 1988, № 6. – p. 42-45.
- Nine beet harvesters in comparison (In Russian language) // Selskohozyaystvennaya tehnika. – 2007. – № 3.
- Boris A. N. Constructive and technological parametres substantiation of follower, rotary sugar beet tops separator (In Russian language) [Ph.D. thesis.]. – Melitopol, 2012. – 23 p.
- Tsarenko O.M., Yatsun S.S. and etc.Mechanical and technological properties of agricultural materials: workshop (In Russian language). – Kiev: Agrarnoe obrazovanie, 2000. – 93 p.
- Adler Yu.P., Markova O.V., Granovskiy Yu.V. Experiment in the search for optimal conditions (In Russian language). – Moscow: Nauka, 1971. – 283 p.
- Beet harvesting: clean, quick, neat (In Russian language) // Selskohozyaystvennaya tehnika. – 2008. – № 4.
- Bulgakov V. M., Kozibroda Ya.I. and etc. Justification and a choice of the optimum scheme sugar beet harvesting machine according to the criterion of power (In Russian language)// Commission of Motorization and Energetics in Agriculture: Polish Academy of Sciences Branchin Lublin. – Poland, Lublin: WAR, 2001. – Vol. I., – p. 69-72.
- Zuckerrüben: Erntetechnik und Bodenschutz / FATBerichte Nr. 567 // Eidgenössische Forschungsanstalt für Agrarwirtschaft und Landtechnik (FAT), CH-8356 T. Nikon TG, – 2001, p. 1-19.
- Roller O. Entblatten statt Köpfen / Dr. Olaf Roller // Zuckerrüben Journal № 2 // Rheinischer Landwirtschafts, – Verlag GmbH. – 2010, p. 14-15.