This article presents results of quality measurement of hose reel irrigation systems in farms dealing with cabbage and grain maize cultivation. Two hose reel irrigation machines RM 570 GX (with different manufacture dates 2001 and 2010) were examined in farm SUA, Ltd. Kolíňany. The quality of work, based on value of longitudinal irrigation uniformity, was evaluated from two views. First quality parameter was aimed on correct functioning of irrigation technique from the point of winding hose speed. Second quality parameter was the change of irrigation rate along the hose. Irrigation system RM 570 GX (manufacture date of irrigation machine 2001) achieved the average value of winding hose speed 17.46 m. h-1 (calibrated winding speed 17 m. h-1) and the achieved irrigation uniformity coefficient was Cu = 86.78 %. RM 570 GX (manufacture date of irrigation machine 2010) achieved the average value of winding hose speed 10.26 m. h-1 (calibrated winding speed 10 m. h-1) and the Cu coefficient was 92.85 %. According to Christiansen, the standard value for irrigation uniformity coefficient was Cu 90% or more. Irrigation machine with the date of manufacture 2001 did not reach the desired value, therefore we recommended more frequent inspection and maintenance of irrigation techniques.
- OSMAN, M., HASSAN, S. B., KHAMARUZAMAN, W. Y., 2014, Effect of Low Pressure on Irrigation Uniformity of Solid Set Sprinkler Irrigation System, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 567, pp. 26-31
- LOU, W., HOU, J. L., 2013, Design of Distribution Bench for Precision Measurement of Micro-Irrigation Sprinkler Irrigation Uniformity Coefficient, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 385, pp. 468-473
- KHADRA, R., LAMADDALENA, N., INOUBLI, N., 2013, Optimization of on demand pressurized irrigation networks and on-farm constraints, Procedia Environmental Sciences, Vol 19, pp. 942-954
- JOBBÁGY, J., KRIŠTOF, K., 2018, Evaluation of the coefficient of uniformity and non-uniformity of irrigation for wide-range irrigators in various field conditions, Research in agricultural engineering, Vol. 64, pp. 55-62
- SAIDI, A., HAMMAMI, M., 2016, Irrigation Uniformity Impacts on Water Use Efficiency and Soil Salinity: Case Study of Tomato Crop under Trickle Irrigation System in the NorthEast of Tunisia. Journal of Hydrogeology & Hydrologic Engineering. Vol. 32, pp. 88-97
- FRANK, K., GRAVESTOCK, N., SPEARPOINT, M., FLEISCHMANN, CH., 2013, A review of sprinkler system effectiveness studies, Fire Science Reviews, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-19
- BIN POYEN, F., ROY, S., GHOSH, A., BANDYOPADHYAY, R., 2015, Automated Irrigation by an ANN Controller, Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 46, pp. 114-121
- HAN, Y.J., KHALILIAN, A., OWINO, T.O., FARAHANI, H.J., MOORE, S., 2009, Development of Clemson variable-rate lateral irrigation system. Computers and Electronics, Vol. 68, pp. 108–113.
- JOBBÁGY, J., HOLBAY, A., TOMÁŠÍK, L., 2013, Design and testing of device for measuring the longitudinal uniformity of reel hose irrigation machine, Journal of Central European Agriculture, Vol. 14(4) pp: 1317–1325.
- BLEHO, H., JOBBÁGY, J., HOLBAY, A., SLANÝ, V., 2016, Monitoring the quality of work of irrigation machines with the designed speedmeter SM2 device. MendelNet 2016. Brno, pp. 847--852.
- JIA, H. W., ZHENG, L. L., 2014, Irrigation Water Use Efficiency Based on the Deficit Irrigation Theories, Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 864, pp. 2179-2184
- GUO, F. T., TAO, T., DONG J. CH., RAN, G., 2012, Research on the Influence of Irrigation Amount on Dynamic Changes and Accumulation of Soil Nitric Nitrogen under Film Hole Irrigation, Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 518, pp. 5292-5296
- KIRNAK, H., VAROL, I.S., IRIK, H.A., OZAKTAN, H., 2017, Effects of irrigation applied at different growth stages on chickpea yield, Agronomy Research, Vol. 15(5), pp 1928-1933
- FELDMANE, D., 2010, The influence of drip irrigation and woodchip mulch on growth and first yield of sour cherries, Agronomy Research, Vol. 8, pp. 453-458
- ÜNLÜKARA, A., YURTYERI, T., CEMEK, B., 2017, Effects of Irrigation water salinity on evapotranspiration and spinach (Spinacia oleracea L. Matador) plant parameters in Greenhouse Indoor and Outdoor Conditions, Agronomy Research, Vol. 15(5), pp 2183- 2194