CONSERVING OF THE RESOURCES
Reduction of losses from drought by optimizing the use of water resources for irrigation of agricultural crops
- 1 Institute of Soil Science, Agricultural Technology and Plant Protection “Nikola Pushkarov", Sofia, Bulgaria
Drought is a major problem for plant breeding in the country during dry years. This, in parallel with the increase in the technical capabilities of agriculture, has put more emphasis on overcoming the drought phenomenon. For this purpose, efforts have been made both in the development of relevant technical concepts and in the development of appropriate methodologies and technologies. The most important activity in this direction is the redistribution of water resources mostly over time. The report presents some aspects of overcoming the effects of drought by optimizing the use of water resources.
- National program for restoration and development of hydro-melioration in the Republic of Bulgaria in the period 2009- 2013, 2009, Sofia, MAF (Petkov, Pl., Et al.)
- Petkov Pl., R. Petrova, N. Markov, R. Kireva, S. Chehlarova, K. Karaivanov - Good Practices for Irrigation of Agricultural Crops, Agricultural Machinery, 2009, № 6, p.12-16.
- Gadjalska N., Pl. Petkov Ecological monitoring in irrigation systems, "Vodno delo" magazine, 2016, №2, p.8-14.
- General Strategy for Management and Development of Hydromeliorations and Water Pollution Protection in the Republic of Bulgaria in 2030, Sofia, MAFF, 2016, p.114 .