Determining the sustainability of agricultural production are agro-technical activities, as the main units in any technology. A study has been carried out to evaluate the impact of crop treatment systems, mineral fertilization and integrated weed control on soil and climatic conditions in the Sofia region.
It has been found that less intensive weeding with annual and perennial weeds is observed when using a more intensive treatment system compared to the reduced treatment option. The number of weeds per unit area is increasing in the non-fertilizing variants, but their mass is lower than the fertilizers. Deeper soil tillage contributes to maintaining the values of the physical parameters (humidity, bulk density and soil hardness) in a more favorable range. Fertilization has the most significant effect on yields during the three years of the experiment.
- Bazitov, V. (1998). Changes in the fertility of the arable layer of eutric tar depending on the soil tillage systems. Soil Science, Agrochemistry and Ecology, 5, 74-76.
- Dimitrov, I., Nikolova, D., Stratieva, S., and Borisova, M. (2011). Investigation of new agro-technical solutions for maintaining the fertility of eutric verstisols. Scientific Papers International Conference «100 g. Soil Science in Bulgaria, h.2,514 - 518.
- Ivanova, A., I. Kasimov, M. Nankova, and N. Tsenov (2011). Agrotechnical factors and grain yield in common wheat (Triticum Aestivum L.). Field Crop Studies, Vol. VII-2, 341-349.
- Deen B., K. Janovicek, T. Vyn, and D. Lapen (2006). Effect of intermittent tillage on yield and soil quality in corn / soybean / wheat rotation. Proceedings of the 17th Triennial ISTRO Conference, Kiel, Germany, 742-751.
- Estrade I.R., Ch. Anger, M. Bertr, G. Richard (2010). Tillage and soil ecology: Partners for sustainable agriculture. Soil and Tillage Research, 111.1, 33-40.
- Grifith D., G. Steinhardt, E. Cladivko, S. Parsans (2013). Effect of tillage and rotation on agronomic performance of corn and soybean: Twenty years of study on dark clay loam soil. Journal of Production Agriculture, vol. 9, No2, p. 241-248.
- Kinoshita, R., R. Schindelbeck, H.van Es (2017). Quantitave soil profile-scale assessment of the sustainability of long-term maize residue and tillage management. Soil and Tillage Res.174,34-44
- Prof. Dr. Kr. Georgieva, Prof. Phd. M. Mihov , Assoc. Prof. Phd Kr. Krastev, Methods Of Control And Management Of Agricultural Processes, j. Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources, 2017, N.3, p.106-110.
- Prof. dr. M. Mihov, Prof. Kr. Georgieva, Assoc. Prof. PhD.N. Ivanova, Prof. dr. G. Tasev, Modern Approaches to Quality Management of Agricultural Technology, j. Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources, 2017, N.4, p.132-134.
- Prof. PhD. M.Mihov, Prof. Kr. Georgieva, Assoc. Prof. PhD. N. Ivanova, Current Problems Of Agricultural Production Mechanization, j.Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources, 2017, N.3, p.111-114.
- R.Kireva, Mihov M., Reduction of losses from drought by optimizing the use of water resources for irrigation of agricultural crops, j.“Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources ”, 2019, N.5, p.190-192.
- Stoynev, K. (2004). Ecological and technological aspects of modern agriculture. Eco-Innovations Ltd., Sofia.
- Toncheva, R., I. Dimitrov, D. Nikolova, M. Nenov (2015). Study of maize productivity in different agro-ecological areas and agro-technology. I. Non-irrigation conditions. Soil Science, Agrochemistry and Ecology, ?4, 55-64.
- Weill, A.N., Mehuys, G.R. and McKyes, E. (1990). Effect of tillage reduction and fertilizer type on soil properties during corn (Zea mays L.) production. Soil and Tillage Research, 1-2, 63-76.