An analysis has been made of the research work to determine the impact of water deficit on the quantity and quality of sunflower production. Studies have also taken into account the more frequent drought in the last decade – soil and atmospheric. Research shows that its good drought resilience allows it to be grown under irrigation conditions, but is sensitive to severe droughts, especially in the critical stages of development which leads to poor quality and drastic decrease in yield, and in some years to the lack of yields. The results show that sunflower irrigation has a large reserve for obtaining additional yield, which has been established through experiments in different parts of the country. The increase in irrigation is about 30-40%, and critical for water stress is the period of 20 days before and 20 days after flowering.
- Agron. J., 77: (588-592). Plaut, Z., A. Grava, 1999. Response of Sunflowers toQuantities of Irrigation Water, Irrigation Regimes and Salinities in the Water and Soil. – Journal of Crop Production: agricultural management in global context,2, Issue: 2, (299-315).
- Berglund, Duane R., 2003. Irrigated Sunflower; NDSU Extension Agronomis, retired.
- Delibaltov, Y. et al.,1973. Vliyanie na napoyavaneto itoreneto varhu kolichestvoto i kachestvoto na slanchogleda. – Rastenievadni nauki, 7, (57–68).
- Hang, A. N., D. W. Evans, 1985. Deficit Sprinkler Irrigation of Sunflower and Safflower. –
- Krafti , G. et al .1972. Optimal and disturbed sunflower irrigation regimen, Reports from the Scientific Session of the Wheat and Sunflower Institute, Dobrich.
- Mihov, I.,1974. Varhu polivnia rezhim na slanchogleda pri usloviyata na Yugoiztochna Bulgaria. – Rastenievadni nauki, 3, (99–109)
- Prof. Dr. Kr. Georgieva, Prof. Phd. M. Mihov , Assoc. Prof. Phd Kr. Krastev, Methods Of Control And Management Of Agricultural Processes, j. Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources, 2017, N.3, p.106-110.
- Prof. dr. M. Mihov, Prof. Kr. Georgieva, Assoc. Prof. PhD.N. Ivanova, Prof. dr. G. Tasev Modern Approaches to Quality Management of Agricultural Technology, j. Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources, 2017, N.4, p.132-134.
- Putnam, D.H., E.S. Oplinger, D.R. Hicks, B.R. Durgan, D.M. Noetzel, R.A. Meronuck, J.D. Doll,and E.E. Schulte. 2007. Sunflower. http://corn.agronomy.wisc.edu/AlternativeCrops/Sunflower.htm
- R.Kireva, Mihov M., Reduction of losses from drought by optimizing the use of water resources for irrigation of agricultural crops, j.“Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources ”, 2019, N.5, p.190-192.
- Stone, L. R., D. E. Goodrum, A.J. Schlegel, M.N. Jaafar,A.H. Khan, 2002. Water Depletion Depth of GrainSorghum and Sunflower in the Central High Plains. –Agronomy Journal, 94, 4, (936-943)
- Terziev, Zh., B. Yankov, H. Yancheva, R. Ivanova, I.Yanchev, I. Dimitrov, T. Georgieva, T. Kolev,2007.Rastenievadstvo, Akademichno izdatelstvo na AU –Plovdiv (240-250)