In order to determine the productivity and the effect of irrigation on apples grown under soil and meteorological conditions in the area of the village of Chelopechene – Sofia, research was conducted on drip irrigation of a plantation of the “Florina” variety, and different regimes were tested – from complete satisfaction of the daily needs of water to irrigate the culture with irrigation rates reduced by 20% and 40%. A non-irrigation variant has also been tested.
The productivity of the irrigation rate at optimal irrigation varies by years from 16.3 to 28.0 kg.ha-1.mm-1, and at 40% reduction of the irrigation rate from 19.3 to 26.0 kg.ha-1. mm-1
The highest values of productivity of the irrigation rate are reached at irrigation with a 40% reduction of the irrigation rate, in the dry 2004 high values were obtained and at the variant irrigated with 100% irrigation rate 28,0 kg.ha-1.mm-1
The optimization of moisture in the active soil layer contributes to a significant increase and stabilization of yields, which for the test conditions are from 1266 to 2087 kg / dka. Additional yields ranged from 542 to 821 kg / dka, averaging over the study period.
- Drupka,W.,(1979), Owce warzywa Kwiati, №8, pp. 34
- Eneva.St.1993 Yield sand efficientuse of water F field crops., Dissertation, pp 90
- Kirkova. J, 2003. Water efficiency in different irrigations regimes. at crop. Habilitation labor ,Sofia, p.86
- .Kireva R, Mihov M., Impact of watering regimes on apple yields under various meteorological conditions and micro irrigation, j.“Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources ”, 2019, N.1, p.35-38.
- R.Kireva, Mihov M., Reduction of losses from drought by optimizing the use of water resources for irrigation of agricultural crops, j.“Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources ”, 2019, N.5, p.190-192
- Kireva R., Mihov M., Technological and economic aspects of drip irrigation of raspberries , j. Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources, 2018, N.6, p.208-210
- Muhova,R at. al.2005. Efficiency in irrigating soybean grown under water deficit.Efficiency in irrigating soybean grown under water deficit. Proceedings,St.Zagora,, pp 56
- Freecman, B., Carzoli, 1980, Localized Irrigation FAO, Irrigation and Drainage Paper, №36
- Ravender, S., Kundu, D.K. and Bandyopadhyay, K.K. Enhancing -Agricultural Productivity through Enhanced Water Use Efficiency. Journal of Agricultural Physics, Vol. 10, pp. 1-15, 2010.