CONSERVING OF THE RESOURCES
Water productivity and the effect of watering on apples grown under conditions of optimal irrigation and water deficit
- 1 Institute of Soil Science, Agro-Technology and Plant Protection “Nikola Pushkarov", Sofia, Bulgaria
In order to determine the productivity and the effect of irrigation on apples grown under soil and meteorological conditions in the area of the village of Chelopechene – Sofia, research was conducted on drip irrigation of a plantation of the “Florina” variety, and different regimes were tested – from complete satisfaction of the daily needs of water to irrigate the culture with irrigation rates reduced by 20% and 40%. A non-irrigation variant has also been tested.
The productivity of the irrigation rate at optimal irrigation varies by years from 16.3 to 28.0 kg.ha-1.mm-1, and at 40% reduction of the irrigation rate from 19.3 to 26.0 kg.ha-1. mm-1
The highest values of productivity of the irrigation rate are reached at irrigation with a 40% reduction of the irrigation rate, in the dry 2004 high values were obtained and at the variant irrigated with 100% irrigation rate 28,0 kg.ha-1.mm-1
The optimization of moisture in the active soil layer contributes to a significant increase and stabilization of yields, which for the test conditions are from 1266 to 2087 kg / dka. Additional yields ranged from 542 to 821 kg / dka, averaging over the study period.
- Drupka,W.,(1979), Owce warzywa Kwiati, №8, pp. 34
- Eneva.St.1993 Yield sand efficientuse of water F field crops., Dissertation, pp 90
- Kirkova. J, 2003. Water efficiency in different irrigations regimes. at crop. Habilitation labor ,Sofia, p.86
- .Kireva R, Mihov M., Impact of watering regimes on apple yields under various meteorological conditions and micro irrigation, j.“Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources ”, 2019, N.1, p.35-38.
- R.Kireva, Mihov M., Reduction of losses from drought by optimizing the use of water resources for irrigation of agricultural crops, j.“Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources ”, 2019, N.5, p.190-192
- Kireva R., Mihov M., Technological and economic aspects of drip irrigation of raspberries , j. Mechanization in agriculture & conserving of the resources, 2018, N.6, p.208-210
- Muhova,R at. al.2005. Efficiency in irrigating soybean grown under water deficit.Efficiency in irrigating soybean grown under water deficit. Proceedings,St.Zagora,, pp 56
- Freecman, B., Carzoli, 1980, Localized Irrigation FAO, Irrigation and Drainage Paper, №36
- Ravender, S., Kundu, D.K. and Bandyopadhyay, K.K. Enhancing -Agricultural Productivity through Enhanced Water Use Efficiency. Journal of Agricultural Physics, Vol. 10, pp. 1-15, 2010.