CONSERVING OF THE RESOURCES
THE BENEFITS AND EFFICIENCY OF PRECISION IRRIGATION
- 1 Department of Machines and Production Biosystems, Faculty of Engineering, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Nitra, Slovak Republic
- 2 University of Ruse „Angel Kanchev“, Agrarian and industrial faculty
The contribution was to develop methods for irrigation management using knowledge in the field of precision agriculture. In the monitoring points were established basic hydrolimits: Field capacity (FC) and wilting point (WP). Irrigation rate ranged from 0 to 40 mm for a specific term assessment of soil moisture. Throughout the growing season used to be applied precisely five irrigation benefits. A high savings were observed between conventional and precise irrigation (water, energy and economic savings). The results show that it is a fully effective system of precision agriculture, although the procurement and introduction of new technology and the software requires first expending a considerable financial cost. Higher demands are placed on the skill and education services.
- AL-KUFAISHI, S. – BLACKMORE, S. – SOURELL, H. AND G. MALETTI. “Assessment of Two Variable Rate Irrigation Controllers used on a Centre-Pivot”. Agricultural Engineering International: the CIGR Ejournal. Vol. VII. Manuscript EE 05 002. Vol. VII. September, 2005.
- CHAVEZ, J. L., PIERCE, F. J., ELLIOTT, T. V., EVANS, R. G., KIM, Y., & IVERSEN, W. M. (2009). A remote irrigation monitoring and control system (RIMCS) for continuous move systems. Part B: Field testing and results. Precision agriculture. Volume 11, Number 1, 11-26, [12.04.2010] DOI: 10.1007/s11119-009-9110-8 http://www.springerlink.com/content/v3591653jnkl7275/fulltext.pd f
- DEJONGE, K. - KALEITA, A. 2006. Simulation of Spatially Variable Precision Irrigation and Its Effects On Corn Growth Using CERES-Maize. Paper number 062119, 2006 ASAE Annual Meetin . 2006
- DERBALA, A. – SOURELL, H. 2002. Development and evaluation of mobile drip irrigation with center pivot machine. Proceedings 8th International Congress on Mechanization and Energy in Agriculture, Kusadas, Turkey, 15-17 October 2002.
- EVANS, R.G. – KIM, Y. – IVERSEN, W. 2007. Evaluation of Closed-loop Irrigation Control with Wireless Sensor Network. ASABE Paper No. 072248, St. Joseph, MI:ASABE.
- FRAISSE, C.W. – HEERMANN, D.F. – DUKE, H.R. 1995. Simulation of variable water application vith linear-move Irrigation systems. Transaction of ASAE Vol. 38(5):1371-1376
- HEDLEY, C. – YULE, I. – TUOHY, M. – VOGELER, I. 2009. Key Performance Indicators for Variable Rate Irrigation Inplementation on Variable Soils. ASABE Paper No. 096372, St. Joseph, MI: ASABE.
- KING, B.A. – STARK, J.C. – WALL, R.W. 2006. Comparison of site-specific and conventional uniform irrigation management for potatoes. Applied Engineering in Agriculture, vol. 22, No:5, pp. 677-688, 2006, ASABE, ISSN 0883-8542
- NOZDROVICKÝ A KOL. 2008. Precision farming. Implementation with the support of information technologies and techniques. In: Nitra, 2008, 168s. ISBN 978-80-552-0123-8
- PERRY, C. – POCKNEE, S. 2003. Precision pivot irrigation controls to optimize water application. In: Understanding & addressing conservation and recycled water irrigation, the Proceedings of the 2003 irrigation association meeting. San Diego, CA, pp 86–92
- RATAJ, V. 2005. Projektovanie výrobných systémov – Výpočty a analýzy (Projection of the production systems – Calculations and Analyses). Monograph. Nitra : SPU. 2005. 120 s. ISBN 80-8069-609-8.
- SADLER E. J. – CAMP C. R. – EVANS D. E. – MILLEN J. A. 2002. Spatial variation of corn response to irrigation. Transactions of the ASAE, 45 (6): 1869-1881
- SITE-SPECIFIC HANDBOOK. 1997. Fifth Edition. Ag-Chem Equipment Co., Inc., 1997, 44 str.
- SOURELL, H. 2003. Progressive irrigation technique for one certain und ecologically plant production. In: Landbauforschung Völkenrode Sonderheft 258, pp. 107-108. FAL. Braunschweig. 2003.
- SOURELL, H. - AL-KARADSHEH, E. 2003. Precision irrigation toward improving irrigation water management. ICID-CIID 2003 - 54th Executive Council of ICID 20th European Regional Conference Montpellier. 14-19 September 2003 [CD-ROM]. Montpellier, France. 7s.