The contribution was to develop methods for irrigation management using knowledge in the field of precision agriculture. In the monitoring points were established basic hydrolimits: Field capacity (FC) and wilting point (WP). Irrigation rate ranged from 0 to 40 mm for a specific term assessment of soil moisture. Throughout the growing season used to be applied precisely five irrigation benefits. A high savings were observed between conventional and precise irrigation (water, energy and economic savings). The results show that it is a fully effective system of precision agriculture, although the procurement and introduction of new technology and the software requires first expending a considerable financial cost. Higher demands are placed on the skill and education services.
- AL-KUFAISHI, S. – BLACKMORE, S. – SOURELL, H. AND G. MALETTI. “Assessment of Two Variable Rate Irrigation Controllers used on a Centre-Pivot”. Agricultural Engineering International: the CIGR Ejournal. Vol. VII. Manuscript EE 05 002. Vol. VII. September, 2005.
- CHAVEZ, J. L., PIERCE, F. J., ELLIOTT, T. V., EVANS, R. G., KIM, Y., & IVERSEN, W. M. (2009). A remote irrigation monitoring and control system (RIMCS) for continuous move systems. Part B: Field testing and results. Precision agriculture. Volume 11, Number 1, 11-26, [12.04.2010] DOI: 10.1007/s11119-009-9110-8 http://www.springerlink.com/content/v3591653jnkl7275/fulltext.pd f
- DEJONGE, K. - KALEITA, A. 2006. Simulation of Spatially Variable Precision Irrigation and Its Effects On Corn Growth Using CERES-Maize. Paper number 062119, 2006 ASAE Annual Meetin . 2006
- DERBALA, A. – SOURELL, H. 2002. Development and evaluation of mobile drip irrigation with center pivot machine. Proceedings 8th International Congress on Mechanization and Energy in Agriculture, Kusadas, Turkey, 15-17 October 2002.
- EVANS, R.G. – KIM, Y. – IVERSEN, W. 2007. Evaluation of Closed-loop Irrigation Control with Wireless Sensor Network. ASABE Paper No. 072248, St. Joseph, MI:ASABE.
- FRAISSE, C.W. – HEERMANN, D.F. – DUKE, H.R. 1995. Simulation of variable water application vith linear-move Irrigation systems. Transaction of ASAE Vol. 38(5):1371-1376
- HEDLEY, C. – YULE, I. – TUOHY, M. – VOGELER, I. 2009. Key Performance Indicators for Variable Rate Irrigation Inplementation on Variable Soils. ASABE Paper No. 096372, St. Joseph, MI: ASABE.
- KING, B.A. – STARK, J.C. – WALL, R.W. 2006. Comparison of site-specific and conventional uniform irrigation management for potatoes. Applied Engineering in Agriculture, vol. 22, No:5, pp. 677-688, 2006, ASABE, ISSN 0883-8542
- NOZDROVICKÝ A KOL. 2008. Precision farming. Implementation with the support of information technologies and techniques. In: Nitra, 2008, 168s. ISBN 978-80-552-0123-8
- PERRY, C. – POCKNEE, S. 2003. Precision pivot irrigation controls to optimize water application. In: Understanding & addressing conservation and recycled water irrigation, the Proceedings of the 2003 irrigation association meeting. San Diego, CA, pp 86–92
- RATAJ, V. 2005. Projektovanie výrobných systémov – Výpočty a analýzy (Projection of the production systems – Calculations and Analyses). Monograph. Nitra : SPU. 2005. 120 s. ISBN 80-8069-609-8.
- SADLER E. J. – CAMP C. R. – EVANS D. E. – MILLEN J. A. 2002. Spatial variation of corn response to irrigation. Transactions of the ASAE, 45 (6): 1869-1881
- SITE-SPECIFIC HANDBOOK. 1997. Fifth Edition. Ag-Chem Equipment Co., Inc., 1997, 44 str.
- SOURELL, H. 2003. Progressive irrigation technique for one certain und ecologically plant production. In: Landbauforschung Völkenrode Sonderheft 258, pp. 107-108. FAL. Braunschweig. 2003.
- SOURELL, H. - AL-KARADSHEH, E. 2003. Precision irrigation toward improving irrigation water management. ICID-CIID 2003 - 54th Executive Council of ICID 20th European Regional Conference Montpellier. 14-19 September 2003 [CD-ROM]. Montpellier, France. 7s.