MECHANIZATION IN AGRICULTURE
An overview of agriculture sector in terms of fuel type and systems used for irrigation purposes. Case study: Divjaka region, Albania
- 1 Department of Hydraulics & Hydrotechnics, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
- 2 Department of Production and Management, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
- 3 Department of Energy, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
In locations where electricity is not available and distribution lines are far away from the connection point, than other means are necessary to provide water for different applications especially in agriculture sector. Using a diesel pump to deliver water account economic and environmental problems. Fuel prices affect the overall costs of diesel-powered water pumping system thereby reducing the incomes from the sale of vegetables or other planted crops. In addition, the use of a diesel-powered water pump system can lead to considerable amount of CO2 released to the surrounding which cause global warming. A possible solution to these problems is using renewable energy source like solar power, which is environmentally friendly and available for free. This paper focus on the identification of sector energy consumption and the possibility of application of PVWP system in the agriculture sector. Several economic analyses have been conducted to establish the best cost-effective solution for irrigation in agriculture sector. The possible benefits generated by the PVWP system implementation for the selected region should be highlighted, as well as the effects of the most sensitive parameters. The solar potential in the site showed that PVWP can be the best solution to provide water for irrigation compared to other traditional water pumping technologies and also can reduce the dependency from fossil fuel powered water pumps and can help the diversification of the agriculture sector especially.
- Malka, L., Gjeta, A., Konomi, I., Alcani, M., Bebi, E.,&Kaci,S.(2020). Off-gridhybrid PV configuration’s role to supply internet access points antenna in remote areas. Case study: " Ostren i Vogel
- IEA, “World Energy Investment 2019 Edition,” (2019) and Sawle Y 2017 Review of hybrid renewable energy systems with comparative analysis of off- grid hybrid system Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 81(2) 2217-35. http://dx doi org/10 1016/j rser 2017 06 033
- Renewable, International, and Energy Agency. 2020. Renewable Energy and Jobs – Annual Review 2020.
- Wild-scholten, Mariska De. 2013. “Life Cycle Assessment of Photovoltaics Energy Payback Time Mono.” (October)
- Malka, Lorenc et al. 2020. “An Approach to the Large-Scale Integration of Wind Energy In.” 10(5): 327–43.
- Renewable energy market update, IEA, Paris https://www.iea.org/reports/renewable-energy-market-update
- Energy, Renewable, I N Nationally, and Determined Contributions. UNTAPPED POTENTIAL FOR CLIMATE ACTION RENEWABLE ENERGY IN NATIONALLY
- Malka, Lorenc et al. 2020. “An Approach to the Large-Scale Integration of Wind Energy In.” 10(5): 327–43
- IEA (2020), Renewable Power, IEA, Paris https://www.iea.org/reports/renewable-power
- IEA (2020), Renewable Power, IEA, Paris https://www.iea.org/reports/renewable-power.
- Jäger-Waldau, A., PV Status Report 2019, EUR 29938 EN, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, 2019, ISBN 978-92-76-12608-9, doi:10.2760/326629, JRC118058.
- Renewable, International, and Energy Agency. 2019. RENEWABLE POWER GENERATION COSTS IN 2019
- Leng, G., Dignard-Bailey, L., Bragagnolo, J., Tamizhmani, G. and Usher, E., Overview of the Worldwide Photovoltaic Industry, Report no. 96- 41- A1 (TR), CANMET Energy Diversifi cation Research Laboratory, Natural Resources Canada, Varennes, QC, Canada, June 1996
- Fu, Ran et al. 2018. “U.S. Solar Photovoltaic System Cost Benchmark: Q1 2018 U.S.Solar Photovoltaic System Cost Benchmark: Q1 2018.” (November)