Post-harvest grain treatment is today one of the key processes taking place in agriculture-oriented farms. Only cereals deprived of unwanted impurities, dirts and excess water can be optimally stored and later monetized at the highest possible price. It is the reduction of the water content in the grains that is the key factor in their preservation, as the biochemical and bacterial processes will be interrupted, thanks to which the grains can be stored for a long time.
The paper deals with the technical characteristics of the grain dryer Chief CBS 14-6 in the process of drying corn grain in specific conditions in Slovakia, compares various energy sources such as natural gas and waste straw from agricultural production.
- CSIZMADIA, L. 2008. Evaluation of the quality of work of the dryer CHIEF CBS 14 - 6 at corn drying, Diploma thesis, SUA in Nitra 2008
- JECH, J., ŽITŇÁK, M., ANGELOVIČ, M. 2009. Use of phytomass for energypurposes in agriculture. Available online:http://www.vvicb.sk/publikacie/prezentacia2009/index.files/ prednasky/jech.pdfH
- HASAL, P., SCHREIBER I. , ŠNITA, D. Chemical engineering I. 2nd edition. Prague: VŠCHT, 2007, 350 s. ISBN 978-80-7080-002- 7
- HOVORKA, F. 2005 Technology of chemical substances 1st edition, 2005VŠCHT Prag ISBN 80-7080-588-9 s.180
- KESELICA, M. 2012 Possibilities of drying grains with energy from biomass Diploma thesis 2012.
- LOS, J., PAWLICA, R. 2010 Corn drying-theoretical foundations of the drying process in relation to the quality of the final product 1st edition. Mendel University in Brno 2010.
- MALEŘ, J. 1996, Post-harvest treatment of grains. Vyd. 1. Prague: Institute of Education of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic,1996a, 57 s. Mechanizace. ISBN 80-710-5112-8.
- MALEŘ, J. 1996 Grain storage. 1st edition. Prague: Institute of Education Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic,1996b, 58 s. Mechanizace. ISBN 80-710-5113-6
- MAREČEK, J. 2009 Conditions for maintaining the quality of the grain at harvest. Available online: http://www.agroporadenstvo.sk
- RIGO, I. 2016 Aspects of drying of selected agricultural crops. Diploma thesis, SUA in Nitra , 51 s.