Modern technologies for harvesting sugar beet tops provide for the so-called two-stage cut, when the main continuous cutting is first carried out from the heads of root crops, as a rule, by rotary top-cutting mechanisms and subsequent cleaning or trimming of the heads of root crops from the remains of tops on the vine. It is this haulm harvesting technology that provides the highest quality continuous cutting and collection of green mass, which can be used as feed for livestock or as a raw material for biogas production and cleaning of root crop heads from haulm residues, eliminating the loss of sugar-bearing mass. We have developed a new design of the head cleaner from the remnants of the tops, the production tests of which showed good results. Such a cleaner of heads of root crops consists of two drive horizontal shafts, on which cleaning elastic blades are hinged in the radial direction. At the same time, the shafts, as it were, wrap around each row of root crops and the blades, applying elastic blows to the heads from two opposite sides, effectively clean the spherical surfaces of the heads of sugar beet root crops from the remains of tops. A new experimental setup was also created, which makes it possible to simulate the operation of this cleaner in the field and conduct its experimental studies. We have developed a program and methodology for conducting a field multifactorial experiment for this cleaner of heads of sugar beet root crops from the remains of tops on the vine, to determine the quality indicators of its work. The obtained results of the research, processed using a PC, showed that improving the quality of the technological process of cleaning the heads of sugar beet roots from the remains of tops by a cleaner with two drive horizontal shafts can be achieved by increasing the angular velocity of the drive shafts of the cleaner and reducing the installation height of the blades above the soil surface by small its forward speed. Based on the analysis of the obtained functional and graphical dependencies, it has been established that the rational values of the operating modes of the studied sugar beet root heads cleaner from haulm residues, in which the most high-quality work will be carried out to remove haulm residues from the spherical surfaces of root crop heads, are: 1) the speed of the progressive movement of the cleaner – 1.5…2.5 m∙s^–1; 2) angular speed of rotation of drive shafts – 55…80 rad∙s^–1; 3) installation height of the blades of the cleaner above the level of the soil surface – 0…2.5 cm
- Merkes R. 50 Jahre Produktionstechnik im Zucker. Benbau in Deutschland. Zucker., No 4, 2001, pp. 214 – 217.
- Toporovsky, S.A. Substantiation of the technological process and the main parameters of the working body for harvesting sugar beet buds without copying the heads of root crops. Abstract for the degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences, Kyiv, 1988, 19 p.
- Boris, M.M. Modeling of the process of cutting the beet roots of sugar beets. – Collection of Scientific Papers of the National Agrarian University. Promising technologies for growing and harvesting sugar beets, Volume 2, Kyiv, 1997, p. 77 – 80.
- Wenzel, E.S. Probability Theory. Fourth edition, stereotypical, 1969, Moscow: Nauka, 576 p.
- Filchakov, P.F. Handbook of higher mathematics. – Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1974, 743 p.
- Bulgakov, V., Adamchuk, V., Nozdrovický, L., Ihnatiev, Y. Theory of Vibrations of Sugar Beet Leaf Harvester Front-Mounted on Universal Tractor. Acta Technologica Agriculturae, 2017, 20(4), pp. 96 – 103.
- Karwowski T. Reine Landmaschinentechnik. Theorie und Konstruktion der Landmaschinen / T. Karwowski // Hackfrucht– erntemaschinen. – Berlin, 1974. – 287 p.
- Karwowski T. Teoria i konstrukcja maszyn rolniczych. Tom 2, część II. Maszyny do zbiru ziemniakόw i burakόw cukrowych / T. Karwowski. – Wydanie II, Warszawa, 1982. – 428 p.
- Bulgakov, V., Sevostianov, I., Kaletnik, G., Holovach, I., Ihnatiev, Y. Theoretical Studies of the Vibration Process of the Dryer for Waste of Food. Rural Sustainability Research, 2020, 44(339), pp. 32 – 45.
- Bulgakov V., Adamchuk V., Nozdrovický L., Ihnatiev Ye. Theory of Vibrations of Sugar Beet Leaf Harvester Front-Mounted on Universal Tractor. – Acta Technologica Agriculturae. – 2017, Volume 20: Issue 4, Nitra, Slovaca Universitas Agriculturae Nitriae. – pp. 96 – 103.
- Ihnatiev Ye. Theoretical research and development of new design of beet tops harvesting machinery / Ye. Ihnatiev // V International scientific Congress “Agricultural machinery”. – Varna. – Issue 19 (205). Vol. 1, 21-24 June 2017. – pp. 19 – 21.
- Bulgakov V. Theoretical investigation of aggregation of top removal machine frontally mounted on wheeled tractor / V. Bulgakov, V. Adamchuk, S. Ivanovs, Y. Ihnatiev // Engineering for rural development. – Jelgava, 2017. – Vol. 16. – pp. 273 – 280.
- Bulgakov V. Theoretical determination of cutting force of the sugar beet tops from root crop head / V. Bulgakov, M. Boris, Ye. Ihnatiev, H. Beloev // International scientific conference “Conserving soils and water”. – Burgas. 31.08-3.09. 2016. pp. 68 – 70.
- Huijbregts T. Long-term storage of sugar beet in North-West Europe / T. Huijbregts, G. Legrand et al. // COBRI report. – 2013. – №1. – 54 p.
- Bulgakov, V., Adamchuk, V., Ivanovs, S., Ihnatiev, Y. Theoretical investigation of aggregation of top removal machine frontally mounted on wheeled tractor. Engineering for Rural Development, 2017, 16, pp. 273 – 280.