This study attempts to address the problem of excessive soil compaction in the subsoil layer caused by the movement and operation of agricultural machinery by modifying the plough design to combine two operations with high energy requirements, ploughing and subsoiling. The aim of this study was to modify and develop the design of the share plough by adding an additional frame (heavy-duty tines) on which the mounted working elements operate below the ploughing layer immediately after the wheel travels on the bottom of the furrow and behind the first and the second plough bodies, using different tines settings (depth and type), at different speeds, to loosen the effect of the wheel travel before it is buried by the soil that cuts during the ploughing operation. The effect of the plough modification was to destroy the plow pan, leading to a decrease in the penetration resistance of the soil in the subsoil layer.
- Ahmad, M., Abdullah, H., Iqbal, M., Umair, M., & Ghani, M. U. (2010). Effect of deep tillage on soil properties and crop (wheat) yield. Soil & Environment, 29(2), 177-180.
- Anusontpornperm, S .S., Thanachit, A., Suddhiprakarn & Kheoruenromne, I. (2014). Is Rippering the Effective Solution to Alleviating Plough Pan Problem. Proceedings International Conference of Agricultural Engineering, Zurich, www.eurageng.eu.
- Balel M. M., Dahab M. H. (1997). Effect of soil conditions on a two – wheel drive tractor performance, using three types of tillage implements. University of Khartoum Journal of Agricultural Science, 5(2): 1–22.
- Domżał H., Hodara J. (1990). Intensity of soil compaction under wheeled machinery and agricultural tools in highly mechanized farms. Proceedings of the Agricultural Sciences,388: 21-27.
- Esser, K .B. (2016). Hardpan and maize root distribution under conservation and conventional tillage in agro-ecological zone IIa, Zambia. African Crop Science Journal, 24(3): 267-287 .
- Filipović, D., Husnjak, S., Košutić, S., Gospodarić, Z., Kovačev, I., & Čopec, K. (2011). Impact of the repeated tractor passes on some physical properties of silty loam soil. POLJOPRIVREDA, 17(2): 43- 48
- Furlani C. E., Bertonha R. S., Vicente Filho A. S., Compagnon A. M., Cassia M. T. (2016). Energy demand of furrow openers and corn yield according to the soil disturbance in no till system. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 11(17): 1538-1542.
- Gliński, J., Horabik, J., & Lipiec, J. (2011). Agrophysical properties and processes. In Encyclopedia of Agrophysics. Springer Netherlands: 35-35.Gysi, M. (2000). Soil compaction due to heavy agricultural wheel traffic. Doctoral dissertation.
- Hossne, G. A., Méndez, J., Trujillo, M., & Parra, F. (2015). Soil irrigation frequencies, compaction, air porosity and shear stress effects on soybean root development. Acta Universitaria, Acta Universitaria, Universidad de Guanajuato México, 25(1): 21-29.
- Kassar F. H. (2018). Impact of the modification of the moldboard plough design on ploughing energy requirements and soil compaction below the ploughing layer. Doctoral dissertation, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Poland.
- Keller, T. & Arvidsson, J. (2004). Technical solutions to reduce the risk of subsoil compaction: effects of dual wheels, tandem wheels and tyre inflation pressure on stress propagation in soil. Soil Tillage Research, 79(1): 191-205.
- Khodaei M. (2015). Evaluation of corn planter under travel speed, working depth, pressure wheel and cone index. Agricultural Engineering International: CIGR Journal, 17(4): 73-80.
- Macedo D., Nicolau F., Nascimento H., Costa E., Chioderoli C., Loureiro, D. (2016). Operational performance of a tractor-seeder according to the velocity and working depth. Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agrícola e Ambiental, 20(3): 280-285.
- Manor, G., Clark, R. L. (2001). Development of an instrumented subsoiler to map soil hard-pans and real-time control of subsoiler depth. In 2001 ASAE Annual Meeting (11022). American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
- Ranjbarian S., Askari M., Jannatkhah J. (2017). Performance of tractor and tillage implements in clay soil. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, 16(2): 154-162.
- Raza, W. A ., Yousaf, S. O., Niaz, A. B., Rasheed, M. K., & Hussain, I. Q. (2005). Subsoil compaction effects on soil properties, nutrient uptake and yield of maize fodder (Zea mays L.). Pakistan Journal of Botany, 37(4): 933-940.
- Salvador N., Mion R. L., Benez S. H. (2009). Consumption of fuel in different systems of periodical preparation performed before and after the subsoiling operation. Ciencia e Agrotecnologia, 33(3): 870-874.
- Standard PN-90/R-55021 Agricultural machinery. Methods for testing implements and cultivating machinery. Polish Committee for Standardisation, Weights and Measures.