Joint Research Center, as a European Commission’s structure for science and knowledge, provides independent research to support the overall European Union policy. Innovative tool for dealing with expected and / or emerging challenges that need to be addressed at EU and Member States levels, and understood by the political environment is the building of competence centers. Centers focus their work on the development of analytical tools that can be applied to each policy area.
A concrete example of rational national approach for implementation of this policy is establishment of the Center of Competence “Quantum Communication, Intelligent Security Systems and Risk Management” (Quasar). Thereby it is anticipated that innovative collaborative approaches and practices will be developed between different organizations with responsibility in the field of higher education and science, aiming at the modeling and development of interoperable, at national and European level, intelligent security systems.
- OPINION European Economic and Social Committee, Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing the European Cybersecurity Industrial, Technology and Research Competence Centre and the Network of National Coordination Centres, [COM(2018) 630 final – 2018/0328 (COD)];
- Contract BG05M2OP001-1.002-0006-С01 Creation and Development of a Center of Competence "Quantum Communication, Intelligent Security Systems and Risk Management" (Quasar);
- Stoichev K., Security and Protection of Critical Infrastructure Objects. Business Continuity Planning (Monograph). Publishing complex at “Vasil Levski” National Military University, 2013, ISBN: 978-954- 753-175-8, 444;
- Stoichev K., Integrated model for security and protection of critical infrastructure objects. Proceedings of Third National Conference with international participation "Metal. Science, Hydro- and Aerodynamics, National Security", 2013, ISSN:1313-8303, 309-323;
- Dimitrov D.L. CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURES RESILIENCE EVALUATION - RESILIENCE APPROACH, RESILIENCE MODEL AND RESILIENCE INDICATORS. Security and Future, 1/2018, Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering - Industry 4.0, 2018, ISSN:Print - 2535-0668; Online - 2535-082X, 7-10, p. 7 - 10;