Underwater swimmers can be amateurs without criminal intent, as well as poachers, underwater treasure hunters, or underwater saboteurs carrying out terrorist acts or gathering intelligence pose new challenges to the underwater safety of water transport in ports, coastal and offshore facilities and other sites of the critical coastal infrastructure. While the former category is usually handled with police-type techniques using non-lethal weapons, a lethal force could be used at some stages when dealing with terrorist divers. In this context, it is of theoretical and applied interest to identify the areas in which the underwater explosion leads to different types of impacts on divers. The material proposes an approach to assess the strength of the underwater blast caused by means of warning and protection from underwater swimmers, which could be used in the construction of specific protection systems for harbors, naval bases or element of the critical coastal infrastructure against unauthorized access by divers.
- Keevin, T. M. , G. L. Hempen. The environmental eff ects of underwater explosions with methods to mitigate impacts, St. Louis, Missouri, 2013.
- Murta. K., K. Takhshi, Yu. Kato. Measurements of underwater explosion performances by pressure gauge using fluoropolymer, Aichi 470-2398, Japan, 2003.
- Kira, A., M. Fujita, S h. Itoh. Visualization of underwater explosion of spherical explosives. – Proc. SPIE 3173, Ultrahigh-and High Speed Photography and Image-based Motion Measurement, 18 December, 1997, doi:10.1117/12.294552.
- V. Nikolova, V. Pehlivanski, “Concession for development in the field of nanotechnology and their application in the equipment and arms of the soldier of the future”. in: Proceedings of Annual scientific university conference 2014, Vol. 4, Publishing complex NMU "V.Levski", Bulgaria, 2014, pp. 96-103, (in Bulgarian).
- S. Petkov, P. Petkov, G. Nikolov, A. Tumbarska, “Mathematical model of the management of high-energy detonation processes through an energy generator (screen)”. European Journal of Engineering Research and Science, Vol. 3, Issue 5, 2018, pp 65- 70
- S. Petkov, V. Nikolova. “Modeling the dynamic properties of the cumulative lining material and the casing in a cumulative node”. in: Proceedings of Vth International scientific and technical conference "Engineering. Techologies. Education. Security 2017”, Vol. 1, 2017, pp. 94-98.
- I. Ivanov, S. Kolev, “Sonar for circular observation based on electronic synthesis for the targeting chart”. Engineering Sciences, Vol. 52, Issue 3, 2015, pp 5-13, (in Bulgarian).