TECHNICAL FACILITIES FOR ENSURING SECURITY
Development of sensing technical textiles with fbg sensory elements for security fields
- 1 Faculty of Electrical Engineering – Brno University of Technology, the Czech Republic
- 2 Proficomms, the Czech Republic
Fiber optic sensors are increasingly widespread and used sensors in many areas of industry and defence. Sensors using fiber Bragg gratings are very accurate sensors of strain and temperature. In this paper we deal with the selection of suitable materials and structures for the implementation of optical fibers with fiber Bragg gratings. The whole process has several key stages – evaluating of adhesives on textile samples, selection of a suitable textile thickness, and design of a multilayer structure of a textile block. The resulting textile block was developed and its basic functional parameters were verified.
- Othonos, A. a Kalli, K. Fiber Bragg gratings: fundamentals and applications in telecommunications and sensing. Boston, Mass.: Artech House, c1999, xiv, 422 p. ISBN 08-900-6344-3.
- Networkgroup: Complex modular interrogation unit [online],
- Brno: Networkgroup [cit. 2020-11-29]. Available at: https://sfo.networkgroup.cz/en/interrogation-units/evaluation-units/.