In the past years, NATO member countries have faced the threat of bioterrorism, which requires the development of capabilities to deal with this threat. Timely detection and accurate identification of the type of bioagent used is essential for early wa rning of threatened military units, as part of the process of prevention and reduction of human casualties, as well as for the spread of the disease. The possible use of biological agents as weapons of mass destruction (WMD) is presented in the report. The military reconnaissance role in the process of investigation of disease outbreak is considered. For the implementation of the process for early warning and alert of biological threat, a scheme of a model of a platform for biological reconnaissance and monitoring is presented. In the model a configuration of hardware and software is used. Due to the increasing risk of use of biological weapons by terrorist organizations, the acquisition and integration of an advanced platform for monitoring and outbreak reconnaissance from the units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria is of key importance.
- ATP-45, Warning and Reporting and Hazard Prediction of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Incidents (operators manual), Ed. F, Ver. 1 (2019)
- AEP-66, NATO Handbook for Sampling and Identification of Biological, Chemical and Radiological Agents (SIBCRA), Ed. 1, Ver. 1, (2015)
- D. Nedevski. I. Markov. Inteligentnata otbrana i neobhodimite sposobnosti za otkrivane i identificirane na YAHB opasnosti [Smart Defence and the Necessary Abilities to Detect and Identify CBRN Hazards], Yearbook of Rakovski National Defence College, Faculty of Command and Staff, 2 (2013), p. 277-285
- S. Velev, Riskat ot bedstvia – razbirane, ocenka i upravlenie [Disaster Risk – Understanding, Assessment and Management], Long-term security environment challenges and armed forces capabilities development, Proceeding of the International Scientific Conference, Rakovski National Defence College, Sofia, 2, (2019), p. 173-179, ISBN978-619- 7478-35-8
- ATP 3.8.1., CBRN Defence on Operations, vol.1 (2010)
- J. Kesavan, K. Aubrey Hottel, D. Shepers, Characteristics and Sampling Efficiencies of the Smart Air Sampler System (SASS) 2000plus®, (2004), Aberdeen Proving Ground MD 21010-5424