One of the main continuous processes occurring in the operation of a nuclear power plant (NPP) is the normal provision of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle (NFC). The NFC includes all activities performed with Nuclear Fuel (NF) from the time of uranium mining and includes enrichment, fabrication of fuel assemblies, transportation, operation in a reactor plant as well as processing, disposal, storage or disposal of Spent Nuclear Fuel (SNF). The storage and reprocessing or disposal of SNF is the subject of a national strategy for the use of nuclear fuel. In most versions of the nuclear fuel strategies, transport of certain quantities of SNF from the reactor to the designated storage, processing or disposal site is envisaged. This transport may range from a few hundred meters to thousands of kilometers. In practice, land and water transport are mainly used. In both cases, the transport must be carried out in strict compliance with all safety and security requirements
- United Nations. European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Inland Waterways – AND, Vol. 1, Geneva, 2008.
- United Nations. European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Inland Waterways – ADN, Vol. 2, Geneva, 2008.
- В.Д. Шмелев, Ю.Г. Драгунов, В.П. Денисов, Активные зоны ВВЭР для атомных электростанции, ИКЦ “Академкнига“, 2004г., Москва
- ] В.К. Резепов, Н.А. Кирилюк, В.П. Денисов, Активные зоны ВВЭР для атомных электростанции, ИКЦ “Академкнига“, 2004г., Москва
- Certificate-approval for packag’s construction and for transportation. Transport equipment ТUК-13/1В for spent nuclear fuel from VVER-1000 reactors.
- Съхраняване на ядрено гориво-технология и опит. Е. Вапирев, И. Христосков