The construction of the system for the protection of whistleblowers is in accordance with the legal framework of the Republic of
Bulgaria and the EU Directive.
The report defines a multi-layered model of the protection system, including:
– Information on violations;
– Persons who granted protection:
– Obliged entities, including:
– Employers in the public and private sector;
– Institutions, bodies, services and agencies of the EU;
– European Commission.
Signaling channels, duties and functional interactions between the main elements of the model are structured. A mechanism for
synchronizing and controlling signal processing activities s presented. The model is a theoretical basis for the construction and functioning
of the whistleblower protection system.
- Law on the Protection of Persons Reporting or Publicly Disclosing Information on Violations, SG No. No. 11 of February 2, 2023
- Directive 2019/1937 (the so-called Whistleblower Directive)
- Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union of December 13, 2007