Monitoring and control of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) have many challenges related to the heterogeneous environment, the high degree of interaction between the components and the high requirements for functionality and scale. The paper presents an analysis of the state of the art in this area and proposes an approach for monitoring and control of CPS through the integration of the IEC-61499 based models for distributed control systems and the IEC-61512 standard providing domain specific models for design and control of batch production processes as well as the Signal- Interpreted Petri Nets used for the purpose of formal specification and verification of unit procedures. The approach is illustrated with an example of CPS for loading a batch tank and mixing of liquid flow.
- Kagermann H., Wahlster W., Helbig J., Recommendations for implementing the strategic initiative INDUSTRIE 4.0, Final report of the Industrie 4.0 Working Group, Akatech, April, 2013.
- Members of SMLC, Implementing 21st Century Smart Manufacturing, Workshop Summary Report, 24 June, 2011.
- Shao Y., Strategic Vision and outlook of “Made in China 2025”, Industrial and regional policies.
- Miyazawa A., Usami R., Through IoT - Japanese factories Connected Together, METI Journal, No5, 2015.
- Ministry of Economic Development, “Industria 4.0” Italy’s national plan for industry, February, 2017.
- European Commission, Commission sets out path to digitize European Industry, Press Release, Brussels, 19.April 2016.
- Lee, E.: Cyber Physical Systems: Design Challenges. Technical Report. Berkeley: University of California, 2008.
- CyPhERS - Cyber-Physical European Roadmap & Strategy, Deliverable D2.1, Characteristics, capabilities, potential applications of CyberPhysical Systems: a preliminary analysis, November 15, 2013, www.cyphers.eu.
- ARTEMIS-IA, https://artemis-ia.eu/projects-1.html
- IEC-61499, International Standard IEC-61499, Function Blocks, Part 1 - Part 4, International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Technical Committee TC65/WG6, IEC Press, Jan., 2005.
- IEC-61512, Batch control, part 1: Model and terminology, The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Final draft, 1997.
- Frey G., Design and formal analysis of Petri net based logic control algorithms, Dissertation, University of Kaiserslautern, Shaker-Verlag, Aachen, 2002.
- Kim K.-D., Kumar P. R., Cyber-Physical Systems: A Perspective at the Centennial, Proceedings of the IEEE 100 (Centennial-Issue): 1287-1308 (2012).
- Bordel B., Alcarria R., Robles T., Martín D., Cyber–physical systems: Extending pervasive sensing from control theory to the Internet of Things, Pervasive and Mobile Computing, Volume 40, September, 2017, pp.156-184.
- Santos C., Espinosa F., Santiso E., Mazo M., Xia F., Aperiodic Linear Networked Control Considering Variable Channel Delays: Application to Robots Coordination, Sensors (Basel), Vol. 15(6), pp.12454–12473, 2015.
- Sanfelice R. G., Analysis and Design of Cyber-Physical Systems: A Hybrid Control Systems Approach, Cyber Physical Systems: From Theory to Practice, CRC Press, pp.3-31 (2015).
- Graham S., Baliga G., Kumar P. R., Abstractions, Architecture, Mechanisms, and a Middleware for Networked Control, IEEE Transactions on automatic control, Vol. 54, No. 7, July 2009
- Y. Sun, G. Yang, X.-S. Zhou, A survey on run-time supporting platforms for cyber physical systems, Frontiers Information Technologies & Electronic Engineering 2017 18(10):1458-1478.
- Mangharam R., Pajic M., Distributed Control for Cyber-Physical Systems, Journal of the Indian Institute of Science, Special Issue on Cyber ‐No.3. pp. 353 Physical Systems, Vol.93, -388, September 2013.
- Kent, S. (2002). Model Driven Engineering. In Proceedings of IFM2002, LNCS 2335, Springer.
- Holobloc Inc. (2011), Function Block Development Kit (FBDK). available: http://www.holobloc.org/
- 4DIAC (2011), Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation (4DIAC) Available: http://www.fordiac.org
- FBench. (2011), Open Source Function Block Engineering Tool., available: http://oooneida-fbench.sourceforge.net/
- ICSTriplex. (2011), ISaGRAF v. 5.0. available: www.isagraf.com
- NxtControl, (2011), nxtStudio, available: www.nxtcontrol.com
- Dai W., Pang C., Vyatkin V., Christensen J. H., Time-Stamped Event based Execution Semantics for Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems, 13th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), Cambridge, UK, 2015.