The subject of the research in this scientific paper is a description of the home pages in websites, with special emphasis on definition and classification of elements, which are necessary for the proper functioning of a home page, from the aspect of functionality and creativity. The important part of my paper is an analysis of technical methods of their displaying on various users’ computers. Here the comparative analysis of similarities and differences between a home page and other pages of the same website is made. A special overview is made for the correlation between home pages and all the other pages on the website from a point of view of visual harmony and functionality of those websites. Additionally, here I give overall directions for using home pages when designing websites, and also a description of some opinions and advice on the same topic. After that, I analyze six problems which arise from displaying home pages on the user’s computer and topics connected with that. I will come across a few solutions for all of them, as well as recommendations for when to choose which solution.
- Williams R.; "The Non-Designer’s Design Book, third edition"; Peachpit Press, USA, 2008.
- McWade J.; "Before and After Graphics for Business"; Peachpit Press, USA, 2005.
- Valkanova V.; "Design of the Newspaper"; Publishing Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", Bulgaria, 2008.
- Nielsen J.; "Designing Web Usability: The Practice of Simplicity"; New Riders, USA, 2000.
- Toms J., Georgiev Denislav; "Successful Online Marketing"; Ciela Soft and Publishing Corp., Bulgaria, 2010.
- Zeldman J.; "Designing with Web Standards"; New Riders, USA, 2003.
- Gray D.; "Looking Good on the Web"; Coriolis Group LLC., USA, 1999.
- Krug S.; "Don’t Make me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, 2nd edition"; New Riders, USA, 2006.
- Cohen J.; "Unusually Useful Web Book, 1st edition"; New Riders, USA, 2003.
- Millhollon M.; "Faster Smarter Web Page Creation"; Microsoft Press, USA, 2003.
- Toms J., Belogusheva Gorica; "Website, the Mission Obligatory"; Ciela Soft and Publishing Corp., Bulgaria, 2009.
- Niederst J.; Web Design in a Nutshell, second edition; O’Reilly & Associates, Inc, USA, 2001.
- SoftPres publishing team; "Creating Web Pages"; SoftPres Ltd., Bulgaria, 2001.
- Wiedemann Ed. J.; Web Design: Navigation; Taschen, Germany, 2009.
- Parker C. R.; "Looking Good in Print"; Coriolis Group LLC., USA, 1999.
- Karbo M.; "HTML"; Forlaget Libris, Denmark, 2004.
- Stauffer T.; "Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Creating Web Pages"; Que Publishing, USA, 2002.
- Newcomer E.; "Understanding Web Services: XML, WSDL, SOAP and UDDI"; Addison Wesley Professional, USA, 2002.