Cyber-physical systems are structures that are controlled and monitored by computer-based algorithms consisting of physical components. The energy industry is becoming a large and complex cyber physical system with the industrial revolution. These developments in the energy sector have a positive effect on Industry 4.0. Developments in the fields of production, transmission and distribution, retail sales, trade and consumption from the elements of the energy sector are increasing day by day via sensor-based communicable autonomous systems. U.N. Industrial Revolution in its report in 2017 elaborate the relevancy between the Sustainable Development Goals no. 7 and 9 about sustainable energy and inclusive industry development that Industry 4.0 and sustainable energy transition share crucial concerns that can be interconnected to pursue a sustainable energy transition. Sustainable energy is defined to have two main components: energy efficiency and renewable energy. UNIDO’s initial hypothesis tells that a comprehensive shift in manufacturing may change the behavior in energy consumption, including energy efficiency and renewable energy usage. Circulating fluidized bed (CFB) technology is one of the important factors contributing to the above mentioned concept of sustainable energy.
- Ullah Sharif, A.M.M., 2019. Modeling and simulation of complex manufacturing phenomena using sensor signals from the perspective of Industry 4.0. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 39, 1-13.
- Frank, A.G., Daloenogare, L.S., Ayala, N.F. 2019. Industry 4.0 technologies: Implementation patterns in manufacturing companies. International Journal of Production Economics, 210, 15-26.
- Fox, J. 2006. A justification for mathematical modelling experiences in the preparatory classroom. P. Grootenboer, R. Zevenbergen, & M. Chinnappan (Eds.), Proceedings 29th annual conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia, 1, 21-228.
- Ullah, A., Hong, K., Gao, Y., Gungor, A., Zaman, M., 2019. An overview of Eulerian CFD modeling and simulation of nonspherical biomass particles. Renewable Energy, 141, 1054-1066.
- Gungor, A., 2013. Simulation of co-firing coal and biomass in circulating fluidized beds. Energy Conversion and Management, 65, 574-579.
- Li, F., Song, F., Benyahia, S., Wang, W., Li, J. 2012. MP-PIC simulation of CFB riser with EMMS-based drag model. Chemical Engineering Science, 82, 104-113.
- Mirmoshtaghi, G., Skvaril, J., Campana, P.E., Li, H., Thorin, E., Dahlquist, E., 2016. The influence of different parameters on biomass gasification in circulating fluidized bed gasifiers. Energy Conversion and Management, 126, 110-123.
- Krzywanskia, J., Fan, H., Feng, Y., Shaikh, A.R., Fang, M., Wang, Q., 2018. Genetic algorithms and neural networks in optimization of sorbent enhanced H2 production in FB and CFB gasifiers. Energy Conversion and Management, 171, 1651-1661.
- Zhu, L.-T., Liu, Y.-X., Tang, J.-X., & Luo, Z.-H. 2019. A Material-Property-Dependent Sub-Grid Drag Model for CoarseGrained Simulation of 3D Large-Scale CFB Risers. Chemical Engineering Science, 204,228-245.
- Gungor, A. 2008. Two-dimensional biomass combustion modeling of CFB. Fuel, 87, 1453–1468.
- Yu, X., Blanco, P. H., Makkawi, Y., & Bridgwater, A. V. 2018. CFD and experimental studies on a circulating fluidised bed reactor for biomass gasification. Chemical Engineering and Processing - Process Intensification, 130, 284–295.
- Goffé, J., & Ferrasse, J.-H. 2019. Stoichiometry impact on the optimum efficiency of biomass conversion to biofuels. Energy, 170, 438–458.
- Bernhardt, D., Beckmann, M. 2019. Simplified process model for CFB combustion of different biomass as part of an assistance system for emission reduction. Fuel, 250, 168–175.
- Nikku, M., Myohanen, K., Ritvanen, J., Hyppanen, T., Lyytikainen, M., 2016. Three dimensional modeling of biomass fuel flow in a circulating fluidized bed furnace with an experimentally derived momentum exchange model. Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 115, 77-90.
- Yang, X., Szuhánszki, J., Tian, Y., Ingham, D., Ma, L., & Pourkashanian, M. 2019. Understanding the effects of oxyfuel combustion and furnace scale on biomass ash deposition. Fuel, 247, 36–46.
- Ghadirian, E., Abbasian, J., & Arastoopour, H. 2019. CFD simulation of gas and particle flow and a carbon capture process using a circulating fluidized bed (CFB) reacting loop. Powder Technology, 344, 27-35.