Over the last two decades, software testing has expanded in terms of both the tools used to perform different types of activities and mind-set of the people using those tools. Automated testing involves use of strategies and instruments that perform testing activities of a software product and where the interference of a person is mainly related to the research of the results of these activities. Automated testing processes are popular because of the benefits that make them an indispensable tool in everyday work for testing activities. The main advantage of automation is the abstraction of rehearsal processes within the tested system. In this way, a complete separation of the human operations from the system is achieved, as only the functionality that needs to be programmed. This article presents the development of an automation-based testing framework “Stassy” – System Stable Testing, which supports and helps to implement easily new tests related to Web platforms. The implementation includes the following structure: Object repository, Functional libraries, Global variables and Constants, Data Provider, Test scripts, Configuration files, Recovery scenarios, Loggers, Clean-up scripts and Reporting mechanism. With the advantages of Page Object Pattern and using of the following technologies: Java programming language, JUnit and TestNG extended libraries. The created scripts represent automated acceptance, functional and non-functional tests in which Page Object is used to separate those tests into individual fragments and subsequently call them in a different order according to the automation requirements and business logic. We will track the overall preparation and creation of “Stassy” automated framework and explain the benefits of such approach.
- The MentorMate Test Automation Framework [Online], https://mentormate.com/bg/blog/the-mentormate-testautomation-framework (Accessed on 04 February 2019).
- Selenium all Core Documentation [Online], https://www.seleniumhq.org (Accessed on 6 February 2019).
- How to Overcome UI Automation Testing Challenges [Online], https://www.testing-whiz.com/blog/how-toovercome-ui-automation-testing-challenges (Accessed on 08 February 2019).
- TestNG Documentation [Online], https://www.testng.org (Accessed on 11 February 2019).
- SoapUI – Documentation [Online], Getting started with Assertions. https://www.soapui.org (Accessed on 10 February 2019).
- Introduction to the DOM [Online], https://developer.mozilla.org/enUS/docs/Web/API/Document_Object_Model/Introduction (Accessed on 11 February 2019).
- Selenium Framework Creation and Accessing Test Data [Online], https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/seleniumframework-design-selenium-tutorial-21 (Accessed on 12 February 2019).