The article discusses the current state of knowledge about the active grooved feed section of an extruder and presents its new constructional solutions. The grooved feed has been known for thirty-five years; there are not so many constructional solutions, and most of them come from the United States and Poland. Unlike the passive grooved feed section, the active grooved feed section has not, as yet, been used in industrial processing machines.
- Mayer, P. Screw extruders, Patent US 4462692 (1983).
- Peiffer, H., Eberhardt H. Screw extruder, Patent US 4678339 (1985).
- Helmut, B., Helmut, S., Georg, W. Apparatus for processing thermoplastic synthetic plastics material, Patent US 5783225 (1997).
- Rauwendaal, Ch. Screw extruder with independently adjustable groove depth, Patent US 5909958 (1997).
- Sikora, R., Sikora J. Extruder for high-molecular plastics, Polish patent 174623 (1994).
- Sikora, R., Sikora, J. Autothermal extruder, Polish patent 174068 (1994).
- Sikora, R., Sikora, J. Plasticizing device for extruders, Polish patent 330890 (1999)
- Sikora, R., Sikora, J., Sasimowski E. Extruder’s plasticizing device, Polish patent 212185 (2007)
- Sikora, J.: Extrusion moulding machine for polymeric materials, Polish patent 199018 (2001).
- Sikora, R., Sikora, J. Placticising unit an extrusion machine, Polish patent 219984 (1999).