The article is devoted to the study of the investment capacity of Ukrainian families – potential investors – to pay for educational and related (related to living abroad) services for children who seek to study at foreign universities. An indicator of investment educational ability is offered, which allows comparing the opportunities of Ukrainian individuals to cover foreign student expenses at the expense of wages. The calculations of the proposed indicator for the leading universities of Austria, Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic and Ukraine are carried out. The research is carried out according to the proposed by the authors indicator of the comparison of annual expenses of students during the bachelor’s studies in a foreign university with the average annual salary of Ukrainian individuals. For entrants, first of all Ukrainian, this indicator will allow to orientate in the ratio of annual expenses and annual income.. For university leaders the proposed indicator can allow comparisons of the competitiveness of their higher education institutions, taking into account the solvency of Ukrainian consumers of educational services. For business and local governments in Central and Eastern Europe, this indicator can be useful in assessing the competitiveness of their territories in terms of attracting student youth. Student youth as well as local residents act as consumers of goods and services promote the development of local business and thus can be a source of filling local budgets. The article is a continuation of the publication of comparative studies on this topic.
- Kuzmin, O. & Yastrubskyi, M. (2017) Factors of Providing the State Management Quality of Universities Educational Activities. Regional Economy, No 2(84), 31-38.
- Sysoieva, S. & Krystopchuk, T. (2012) Educational Systems of the European Union Countries: General Characteristic: Training manual. Borys Hrinchenko Kyiv University, Rivne, Ovid, 352 p.: ISBN 966-8179-77-8
- Zaiac L. (2014) Comparative Analysis of University Education in Ukraine and Netherlands in the Context of Bolonia Agreements. Osvitolohichnyi Dyskurs, No 3 (7), 82-94.
- Economic and Business Education in Austria. Retrieved from http://osvita.ua/abroad/higher_school/austria/41359/
- Chekhovska, M. (2016) Comparative Analysis of the Development Stages of Higher Pedagogical Education in Ukraine and the Republic of Bulgaria. Bulletin of Alfred Nobel University. Series “Pedagogy and Psychology”. Pedagogical Sciences, No 1 (11), 17-21.
- Yastrubskyy, M. & Kuzmin, O. (2016) Peculiarities of Higher Educational Establishments Funding Accounting: National and Foreign Experience. Economics, Entrepreneurship, Management, 3 (2), 1-6.
- Horbenko, N. (2014) Features of Creating the Image of the Modern University. Osvitolohichnyi Dyskurs, № 1(5), 36-43.
- Karpenko, Yu. & Karpenko, N. Image of Educational Establishment: Main Components and Problems of Formation. Scientific Bulletin of Polissia, ISSN 2412-2394 (online), 118-124.
- Bachynska, O. (2013) The Role of Image in the Structure of Providing the Competitiveness of the University. Retrieved from http://www.confcontact.com/20130214_econ/4_bachinska.htm
- Repko, M. & Ruda, Yu. (2017) Education in Ukrainian: 129 billion - waste of money or investment? Economic truth. [in Ukrainian]. Retrieved from https://www.epravda.com.ua/publications/2017/02/15/620955/
- Abiturients.info. Access mode: https://abiturients.info/uk
- Free higher education in Germany is an incentive for Ukrainian entrants. Deutsche Welle. Retrieved from https://www.dw.com/uk/безкоштовна-вища-освіта-в-німеччиністимул-для-українських-абітурієнтів/a-18018691 [in Ukrainian].
- Studying at universities in Germany is free. Ukrainska Gazeta / New German Media Ltd. (2017). Retrieved from https://ukrainskagazeta.de/освіта/навчання-у-вузах-німеччинибезкоштов/ [in Ukrainian].
- Evrostady. Access mode: https://eurostudy.info/uk/info/besplatnoe-obrazovanie-v-polshe-uek
- MojaEdukacja. Access mode: https://mojaedukacja.com/bezkoshtovne-navchanna-v-polshi
- Alieksieiev, I., Mazur, A. & Alieksieiev, V. (2019). International comparison of university education quality on the base of modeling value index. INDUSTRY 4.0, Year IV, ISSUE 1 / 2019. ISSN (PRINT) 2534-8582, ISSN (WEB) 2534-997X, P. 41-45.
- How to get a higher education in Austria. Retrieved from https://dyvys.org/stati/navchannya-za-frejdom-yak-otrimati-vishhuosvitu-v-avstriyi/
- Bulgarian universities: universities and institutes, introduction and training. Retrieved from https://clout.com.ua/vnz-bolgariyiuniversy-tety-ta-insty-tuty-vstup-ta-navchannya.html
- Ranking Web of Universities. Cybermetrics Book : Greece. Retrieved from http://www.webometrics.info/en/Europe/Greece
- Locations of the Technical University of Munich. Retrieved from https://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/our-university/locations/
- Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu. Tuition fees. Retrieved from https://www.google.com/search?q=Uniwersytet+im.+Adama+Mickiewicza+w+Poznaniu+tiution+fees&oq=Uniwersytet+im.+Adama+Mickiewicza+w+Poznaniu+tiution+fees&aqs=chrome..69i57.26397j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
- Study in Romania. Retrieved from http://eng.in.ua/navchannya-u-rumuniyi/
- Relocation to Bucharest: conclusions after a year of life in the Romanian capital. Retrieved from https://dou.ua/lenta/articles/relocate-romania/
- Bilkent University. International Students. Tuition Fee. Retrieved from https://w3.bilkent.edu.tr/international/tuition-fee/
- Ankara University. Retrieved from https://www.unipage.net/ru/240/ankara_university
- Prague Education Center. Retrieved from https://www.educationcenter.cz/vuzy/karlov-universitet/
- International Youth Union. Accommodation in the Czech Republic. Retrieved from https://msmstudy.com.ua/poslugi/prozhivannya/
- The cost of student living in the Czech Republic. Retrieved from https://ceskoukrajinska.com/vartist-studentskoho-pobutu-vchekhii/
- The average salary in Ukraine in 2019 will exceed 10 thousand hryvnia - forecasts by the Ministry of Finance. Retrieved from https://hromadske.ua/posts/serednya-zarplata-v-ukrayini-u2019-roci-perevishit-10-tisyach-griven-prognozi-minfinu
- National Bank of Ukraine. Official exchange rate of Hryvnia against foreign currencies. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/control/en/curmetal/detail/currency?period=daily
- Educations Media Group. Study in Greece. Retrieved from https://www.educations.com/study-guides/europe/study-in-greece/
- Technical University of Munich. Retrieved from https://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/our-university/locations/