The goal of this paper is to study algorithm for detection and classification of moving objects based on parameter estimates from their GPS signal shadow. The suggested algorithm uses satellite GPS signals to create radio barriers and to detect moving terrestrial targets. It can be examined as an algorithm for secondary application of the wireless technologies (SAWT). This technology is extremely modern and up-to-date and can find application in Industry 4.0 with regard to the reduction of the electromagnetic radiations. The GPS signals included shadow from several moving vehicles, processed in MATLAB environment in order to obtain the estimations of their parameters. In IBM SPSS Statistics, Scheffe test is used for classifying the moving objects. The results reveal that proposed signal processing of the GPS signal shadow combined with this statistical approach can be successfully applied in practice for object classification.
- Stoilova K., Stoilov T., Ivanov V. (2017) Bi-level optimization as a tool for implementation of intelligent transportation systems. Cybernetics and Information Technologies, 2, 17, pp. 97-105, DOI:10.1515/cait–2017–0019.
- Glennon E., Dempster A., Rizos C. (2006) Feasibility of air target detection using GPS as a bistatic radar. Journal of Global Positioning Systems, vol. 5, № 1-2, pp. 119-126.
- Clarizia M., Braca P., Ruf C., Willett P. (2015) Target detection using GPS signals of opportunity. 18th International Conference on Information Fusion, pp. 1429-1436.
- Suberviola I., Mayordome I., Mendizabal J. (2012) Experimental results of air target detection with GPS forward scattering radar. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 9, № 1, pp. 47-51.
- Garvanov I., Kabakchiev C., Behar V., Daskalov P. (2016) Air target detection with a GPS forward-scattering radar. 19th International Symposium on Electrical Apparatus and Technologies, DOI: 10.1109/SIELA.2016.7543000.
- Changjiang L., Cheng H., Tao Z., Li W., Teng L. (2016) Signal modeling and experimental verification in GNSS forward scatter radar. 17th International Radar Symposium, DOI: 10.1109/IRS.2016.7497340.
- Kabakchiev C., Kabakchieva D., Garvanov I., Behar V., Kabakchiev K., Rohling H., Kulpa K., Yarovoy A. (2017) Data mining classification of cars based on GPS shadows in Forward Scatter Radar Systems. International Radar Symposium IRS-2017, Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 1-9, DOI: 10.23919/IRS.2017.8008217.
- Garvanov I., Kabakchiev C., Behar V., Garvanova M. (2015) Target detection using a GPS Forward-Scattering Radar. IEEE Pros. of the Second International Conference “Engineering & Telecommunications – En&T 2015”, Moscow-Dolgoprudny, Russia, pp. 29-33, DOI: 10.1109/EnT.2015.20.
- Kabakchiev C., Garvanov I., Behar V., Kabakchieva D., Kabakchiev K., Dimitrov K., Rohling H., Kulpa K., Jarovoy A. (2017) Experimental parameter estimation of vehicles GPS shadows by Forward Scattering Systems. International Radar Symposium IRS-2017, Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 1-7, DOI: 10.23919/IRS.2017.8008216.
- Kabakchiev C., Garvanov I., Behar V., Kabakchieva D., Kabakchiev K., Rohling H., Kulpa K., Yarovoy A. (2015) Detection and classification of objects from their radio shadows of GPS signals. International Radar Symposium IRS- 2015, Dresden, Germany, pp. 906-911, DOI: 10.1109/IRS.2015.7226336.
- Garvanov I., Kabakchiev C., Shishkov B., Garvanova M. (2018) Towards context-aware vehicle navigation in urban environments: Modeling challenges. In: Shishkov B. (Ed.) Business Modeling and Software Design. BMSD 2018. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol. 319, pp. 382- 389. Springer, Cham, DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-94214-8_29.
- Garvanov I., Kabakchiev C., Shishkov B., Garvanova M. (2018) Vehicle navigation in urban environments: Overcoming GPS shadows. Proc. of the Seventh International Conference on Telecommunications and Remote Sensing (ICTRS 2018), Barcelona, Spain, pp. 95-98, ACM, DOI: 10.1145/3278161.3278175.
- Borre, K., Akos D., Bertelsen N., Rinder P., Jensen S. (2006) A software-defined GPS and Galileo receiver: Single-frequency approach. Birkhäuser, Boston, MA.
- Garvanova M., Garvanov I., Kabakchiev C., Shishkov B. (2019) Measuring and clustering moving objects. 8th International Conference on Telecommunications and Remote Sensing, ICTRS 2019, Rhodes, Greece, 16-17 September 2019, pp. 66-70. ACM, DOI: 10.1145/3357767.3357776.
- Ivanov V., Stoilov T. (2017) Design and implementation of moving average calculations with hardware FPGA device. Advanced Computing in Industrial Mathematics, 12th Annual Meeting of the Bulgarian Section of SIAM, December 20-22, 2017, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Ivanov V. (2018) Use embedded DSP blocks to implement a PID regulator. 19th IFAC Conference on Technology, Culture, and International Stability, 26-28 September 2018, Sozopol, Bulgaria.
- Garvanova M., Garvanov I. (2013) SPSS Handbook. Sofia, Bulgaria: Za bukvite – O pismeneh. ISBN 978-954-2946-91-5, 192 p. (in Bulgarian).
- Garvanov I., Garvanova M. (2014) Introduction to MATLAB and SIMULINK. Sofia, Bulgaria: Za bukvite – O pismeneh. ISBN 978-619-185-121-8, 121 p. (in Bulgarian).
- IBM SPSS Statistics Base 25, IBM, 2017 [Manual].