TECHNOLOGICAL BASIS OF “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Analysis of the noise immunity of quadrature modulation method for turning signal constellations
- 1 SECOM - Kishinev, The Republic of Moldova
- 2 Techical University, The Republic of Moldova
The paper considers the effect of the rotation of the signal constellation on the noise immunity of quadrature multi-point modulation methods. Based on the error vector in the Matlab + Simulink simulation environment, models of M – QAM modulators and demodulators with rotation of the signal constellations at an arbitrary angle are proposed. Considered the most commonly used in digital data transmission systems modulation: 4-QAM, 16-QAM, 64-QAM and 256-QAM. The simulation results of the proposed models confirmed the coincidence of the values of the rotation angles of the signal constellations recommended by the DVB-T2 standard, and also revealed the
values of other angles that can be used to improve the noise immunity of multipositional quadrature modulation methods
- Sklyar B. Digital communication. - M.: Williams, 2004. – 999p.
- Korzhikhin E.O. Comparison of DVB-T and DVB-T2 digital terrestrial broadcasting standards, Telecommunications and Transport, 2012, №. 6, pp. 203 – 204.
- Volkov N.M., Nemirovsky M.S., Shinakov Yu.S. Digital radio communication systems. Basic methods and characteristics – M.: Ekotrendz, 2005.- p. 392.
- Kiselev V.V., Svetlov M.S. Mathematical Model of the Data Transmission Channel of a Digital TV and Radio Broadcasting System, Vestnik of Saratov State University, 2009, № 5, pp. 250 - 252.
- Vedenkin D.A., Macaroda D.G., Filareeva I.G. Analysis of the influence of the turn of the signal constellation on the level of symbolic and bit errors in phase modulation formats, Don Engineering Journal, 2018, № 3. - p.46.
- Sungwon Hong Eun Su Kang and Dong Seog Han. Additional data transmission with rotated qpsk constellation. // Electronics Letters, 51: pp. 394– 395, March 2015.
- Schmogrow R., Nebendahl B., Winter M., Josten A., Hillerkuss D., Koenig S., Meyer J., Dreschmann M., Huebner M., Koos C., Becker J., Freude W., and Leuthold J. Error vector magnitude as a performance measure for advanced modulation formats // Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE, 24(1): 61–63, Jan 2012.
- Kiselnikov A.E., Dubov M.A., Priorov A.L. Development of an algorithm for detecting and compensating for distortion of the BPSK signal constellation based on the error vector // Digital signal processing. 2016. №1. - pp.34- 39.
- Newman E. Optimization of the receiver using the analysis of the error vector module // Wireless Technologies. 2007. №9. - pp. 57-60.
- Volkhonskaya E.V., Korotey E.V., Vlasova K.V., Rushko M.V. Model study of the noise immunity of radio reception with QPSK, BPSK and DBPSK, News of KSTU, 2017, №. 46. – pp.165-174.
- Dyakonov V.P. MATLAB R2006 / 2007/2008 + Simulink5 / 6/7. Basics of application. – 2-nd edition., Revised and expanded. - M., SOLON-PRESS, 2008. – 800p.
- Bogdanov A.A. Data Visualization in Microcal Origin, M.: Altex-A, 2003. – 112p.