A new two-coil cylindrical crucible induction furnace with the lateral coil connected to the one-phase electric power supply and the bottom coil connected to a capacitor bank with an appropriate value of the capacity is able to realize a desired balance between the diffusion of the power induced in the furnace bath through the lateral and the bottom faces of the crucible. Finite element magnetothermal model of the furnace is used to compute the temperature field, the thermal losses and the thermal efficiency associated with the furnace operation and to study three variants with the same bath volume of the new furnace related the diameter of the furnace bath,.
- Fireteanu, V., Constantin, A.I. (2019). Simulation-driven design and optimization of a new two-coil crucible induction furnace using the Altair Flux3D software. International Scientific Journal INNOVATIONS, year V, issue 2, pp 80—83, 2019.
- Yoshikawa, N., Watanabe, K., Igarashi, T., Komarov, S. (2018) Fundamental Studies on Induction Heating and Stirring of Non-Metallic Molten Fluid, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 424, 012080, 2018.
- Alvarez G.H., Becerra, E.J., Castro, J.C. (2016) . Design Validation and Construction of an Induction Furnace Coil, IEEE Latin America Trans., vol. 14, no. 2, feb. 2016.
- Willermoz, G., Panaget, L. (2016). Electromagnetic induction furnace and use of the furnace for melting a mixture of metal(s) and oxide (s), said mixture represented a corium. US patent 2016/0113071 A1, Apr. 2016.
- Fireteanu, V., Rousset, E. (2015). Simultaneous Induction Heating and Electromagnetic Stirring of a Molten Glass Bath. Proc. of EPM2015 Conf., Cannes, France, Oct. 2015.
- Lucia, O., Maussion, P., Dede, E. Burdio, J. (2014). Induction heating technology and its applications: past developments, current technology and future challenges. Trans. of Ind. Electronics, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 2509–2520, May 2014.
- Bhat, A.A., Agarwal1, S., Sujish , D., Muralidharan, B., Reddy, B.B., Padmakumar, G., Rajan, K.K. (2012) Thermal Analysis of Induction Furnace. Proc. of 2012 COMSOL Conf., Bangalore, India, 2012.
- Umbrasko, A., Baake, E., Nacke, B., Jakovics, A. (2008) Numerical studies of the melting process in the induction furnace with cold crucible, COMPEL: Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 27 (2008), pp. 359-368.
- Arellano, I., Plascenia, G., Carillo, E., Barron, M., Sanchez, A., Gutierez, J. (2007). Design of an Induction glass melting furnace by means of mathematical modelling using the finite element method. Material Science Forum, Vol. 553, pp. 124-129, 2007.
- Fishman, O., Nadot, V., Peysakhovich, V., Mortimer, J. (2003). Induction furnace with improved efficiency coil system. US patent 6,542,535, April 2003.
- Hawkes, G. (2003) Modeling a Cold Crucible Induction Heated Melter, Proc. of 2003 FIDAP/POLYFLOW User Group, June 10-11, Evanston Illinois, 2003
- Hurtgen, R., Frey, Th. (1999). Crucible Induction Furnace with at least Two Coils Connected in Parallel to a Tunned Circuit Converter, US patent 5,940,427, Aug. 1999.
- Altair Engineering, Flux3D software, V2019.1.1