Industry 4.0 represents the newest generation of industry development. Every day the various demands in industry are getting more and more demanding. The demand for shorter production and delivery time, more efficient and automated processes has led us to the Industry 4.0. It is necessary to include and integrate the latest developments based on digital technologies as well as the interoperability process across them. The goals is to enable companies to transmit information in real time in terms of performance and behaviour. Industry 4.0 can be applied to any branch of industry. Agricultural industry is no exception. As far as agricultural machinery is concerned, it is a very important part of agricultural industry. Agricultural machinery incorporates electronic controls and it is a part of digital age, enhancing their current performance. In addition to the electronics, using sensors and drones, supports the data collection of several agriculture key aspects, such as weather, animals and crops behaviour, geographical spatialization, etc. The main tasks are how to apply the right methods and methodologies in order to support a better supply chain decision-making process, how to automate the process and how can Industry 4.0 help a person, who is in agricultural industry, in order to make effective decisions based on objective data.
- Kamble, S., Gunasekaran, A., Gawankar, S., Sustainable Industry 4.0 framework: A systematic literature review identifying the current trends and future perspectives, Process Safety and Enviromental Protection, , 117, 408-425, (2018).
- Bigliardi, B., Bottani, E., Casella, G., Enabling technologies, application areas and impact of industry 4.0: a bibliographic analysis, Procedia Manufacturing, 42, 322-326, (2020).
- Müller, J., Business model innovation in small- and medium- sized enterprises: Strategies for industry 4.0 providers and users, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 30(8), 1127- 1142, (2019).
- De Silva, P.C.P., De Silva, P.C.A, Ipanera: An Industry 4.0 based architecture for distributed soil-less food production system, 2016 Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering Symposium (MIES), 1-5, (2016).
- Jorgensen, M., Agricultural field production in an ‘Industry 4.0’ concept, Agronomy Research, 16(1), 94-102, (2018).
- Zambon, I., Cecchini, M., Egidi, G., Saporito, M.G., Colantoni, A., Revolution 4.0: Industry vs Agriculture in a Future Development for SMEs, Processes, 7(1), 1-16, (2019).
- Kovacs, I., Husti, I., The role of digitalization in agricultural 4.0 – how to connect the industry 4.0 to agriculture?, Hungarian Agricultural Engineering, 38-42, (2018).
- Liu, Y., Ma, X., Shu, L., Hancke, G.P., Abu-Mahfouz, A., From Industry 4.0 to Agriculture 4.0: Current Status, Enabling Technologies, and Research Challenges, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 56, 1-13, (2020).
- Chen, W., Lin, Y., Lin, Y., Chen, R., Liao, J., Ng, F., Chan, Y., Liu, Y., Wang, C., Chiu, C., Yen, T., Agritalk: Iot for precision soil farming of turmeric cultivation, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 6(3), 5209-5223, (2019).
- Ahmed, N., De, D., Hussain, I., Internet of things (iot) for smart precision agriculture and farming in rural areas, IEEE Internet of Thins Journal, 5(6), 4890-4899, (2018).
- Monteleone, S., de Moraes, E.A., Maia, R.F., Analysis of the variables that affect the intention to adopt Precision Agriculture for smart water management in Agriculture 4.0 context, 2019 Global IoT Summit (GIoTS), Aarhus, Denmark, 2019, 1-16, (2019).
- Weiss, M., Jacob, F., Duveiller, G., Remote sensing for agricultural applications: A meta-review, Remote Sensing of Enviroment, 236, 1-19, (2020).
- Yousefi, M.R., Razdari, A.M., Application of Gis and Gps in Precision Agriculture (a Review), International Journal of Advanced Biological and Biomedical Research, 3(1), 7-9, (2015).
- Rokhmana, C.A., The Potential of UAV-based Remote Sensing for Supporting Precision Agriculture in Indonesia, Procedia Enviromental Sciences, 24, 245-253, (2015).
- Lezoche, M., Hernandez, J., Diaz, M., Panetto, H., Kacprzyk, J., Agri-food 4.0: A survey of the supply chains and technologies for the future agriculture, Computers in Industry, 117, 1-15, (2020).
- Iakovou, E.T., Vlachos, D., Achillas, C., Anastasiadis, F., Design of sustainable supply chains for the agrifood sector: a holistic research framework, Agricultural Engineering International: CIGR Journal, 1-10, (2014).
- FAO, The Future of Food and Agriculture – Alternative Pathways to 2050, 1-224, (2018).