This paper presents investigations of vibrations of cantilever beams with piezoelectric layers. The paper discusses the contemporary engineering and scientific software systems in order to select the appropriate for the study of mechanical and electrical dynamic behavior of piezoelectric beams.The system COMSOL has been chosen and a study with it has been stated with a static analysis and an eigenvalue analysis. Conclusions are made and a frequency response and time dependent investigations are planned to be done.
- Fattahi I., H. Mirdamadi. Novel composite finite element model for piezoelectric energy harvesters based on 3D beam kinematics. Journal of Composite Structures, Elsevier, vol. 179, pp. 161-171 (2017)
- Nestorovic, T., Marinkovic, D., Chandrashekar, G., Marinkovic, Z., Trajkov, M. Implementation of a user defined piezoelectric shell element for analysis of active structures, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 52, pp. 11-22 (2012)
- Rao, M., Schmidt, R., Schröder, U. Static and dynamic FE analysis of piezolaminated composite shells considering electric field nonlinearity under thermo-electro-mechanical loads, Acta Mechanica, 229(12), pp. 5093-5120 (2018)
- Shabadi, S, Marinkovic, D., Trajkov, M. User defined finite element for modelling and analysis of active piezoelectric shell structures, Meccanica, 49(8), pp. 1763-1774 (2014)
- Stoyanov, S. An investigation of simple piezoelectric beams. Proceedings of University of Ruse - 2020, volume 59 (to be published).
- Y. Shoko, E. Saarmaa, N. Kottenstette, R. Jacques. Unimorph and bimorph actuators. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Published Online (1998)