TECHNOLOGICAL BASIS OF “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Combined approach for development of cyber-physical systems based on IEC 61512 and IEC 61499 standards
- 1 Dept. of Industrial Automation, University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Sofia, Bulgaria
The transition to CPS is one of the great challenges of the “Industry 4.0”. The core of cyber-physical systems is an effective control, associated with achievement of a high degree of adaptability, autonomy, functionality, reliability, security and usability. The paper presents a combined approach for development of cyber-physical systems based on the IEC-61512 and IEC-61499 standards represented as partial model of asset administration shell, according the reference architectural model RAMI4.0. The models allow the description of continuous production of finite quantities of materials (batches) from two distinct views – physical and control (cyber). The approach is enhanced in respect to the correctness and reliability achieved, by replacing the semi-formal models with using of Signal Interpreted Petri Nets supporting the verification processes
- Rojko A., Industry 4.0 Concept: Background and Overview, iJIM ‒ Vol. 11, No. 5, 2017.
- National Science Foundation (NSF), Cyber Physical Systems NSF10515, Arlington, VA, USA, 2013. [Online]. available: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10515/nsf10515.htm.
- RAMI 4.0, VDI/VDE/ZVEI, GMA Status Report: Reference architectural model Industry 4.0 (RAMI4.0), 2015, https://www.vdi.de/.../VDI-GMA_Statusreport_Referenzarchitektur.
- Hankel M., Rexroth B., Industrie 4.0: The Reference Architectural Model Industrie 4.0 (RAMI 4.0), available in: https://przemysl-40.pl/wp-content/uploads/2010-The- Reference-Architectural-Model-Industrie-40.pdf
- ISA, Batch Control Part 1: Model and terminology, The International Society for Measurement and Control, ISA Press, ISA – S88.01-1995.
- IEC-61499 (2005), International Standard IEC-61499, Function Blocks, Part 1 - Part 4, International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Technical Committee TC65/WG6, IEC Press, Jan.
- Lewis R.: Modelling control systems using IEC 61499, The Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, United Kingdom, 2001.
- Plattform Industrie 4.0, Network-based Communication for Industrie 4.0 – Proposal for an Administration Shell, Discussion paper, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) Public Relations, 10119 Berlin, www.bmwi.de.
- 4DIAC (2011), Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation (4DIAC) Available: http://www.fordiac.org.
- Frey, G.: Design and Formal Analysis of Petri Net Based Logic Control Algorithms - Entwurf und formale Analyse Petrinetz-basierter Steuerungsalgorithmen. ISBN 3-8322-0043-6, Dissertation, University of Kaiserslautern, Shaker Verlag, Aachen, April 2002.