TECHNOLOGICAL BASIS OF “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Aequor Tracer: Traffic Analyzer for GPON Networks
- 1 Faculty of Electrical Engineering – Brno University of Technology, the Czech Republic
For many years, passive optical networks (PONs) have received a considerable amount of attraction regarding their potential for providing broadband connectivity for every user: from the customer’s point of view. However, Internet services providers (ISPs) must rely on producers of technologies to secure data. This article proposes additional opportunities to ensure data protection. PONs use their encapsulation method in optical domain transmissions. That is why it is necessary to solve security questions before optical line termination (OLT). When data are forwarded from the optical to the electrical domain, it is possible to evaluate time with dedicated hardware for optical networks. Own developed system can provide the following features: location of Internet protocol (IP) address, anomaly detection in traffic, ransomware detection based on similar behavior during data transmission, testing of defined address, usage of maps with defin ed IP ranges, providing all information on independent hardware via web page.
- V. Oujezsky, T. Horvath, P. Munster, “Application for Determining whether IP Addresses belong to a Map by Coordinates” 2019 42nd International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), doi: 10.1109/TSP.2019.8769100
- G. F. Lyon, “Nmap network scanning: official Nmap project guide to network discovery and security scanning” 2008 Sunnyvale, CA: Insecure.Com, ISBN 0979958717.
- V. Oujezsky, T. Horvath, V. Skorpil, “Modeling botnet C&C traffic lifespans from NetFlow using survival analysis” 2016 39th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP) , doi: 10.1109/TSP.2016.7760827
- V. Oujezsky, T. Horvath, “T. Traffic Similarity Observation Using a Genetic Algorithm and Clustering” Technologies 2018, 6, 103. https://doi.org/10.3390/technologies6040103
- V. Oujezsky, D. Chapcak T. Horvath, P. Munster, “Security Testing Of Active Optical Network Devices” 2019 42nd International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), doi: 10.1109/TSP.2019.8768811
- The GeoJSON Format (RFC 7946) 2016, Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), https://geojson.org/