The paper presents the possibilities of using reverse engineering in the digitization of automotive components and their modification. A CAD model of the part was created based on the scanned point clouds. Subsequently, this model was compared with the original cloud points. The point clouds were scanned by a laser 3D scanner in PolyWorks software. The reference 3D model was created from a point cloud in the CATIA program. The comparison of the scanned point cloud and the reference model is performed in PolyWorks. The Check IMAlign project module is used for this. This module allows you to compare the scanned point cloud, it is merged from several scanned lines into one whole point cloud, which are created by a CAD model. The preparation of the 3D scanning arm FARO PLATINUM ARM and the process of scanning the prototype of the front fender of the car are described.
- M. Dúbravčík, Š. Kender. Application of reverse engineering techniques in mechanics system services In: Procedia Engineering : Modelling of Mechanical and Mechatronics Systems. Zemplínska Šírava, Slovakia. - Košice : TU, (2012) Vol. 48 , p. 96-104. - ISSN 1877-7058
- V. RAJA, _J. K. Fernandes: ReverseEngineering, An Industrial Perspective. Londýn: Springer, (2008). - ISBN 978-1-84628-855-5
- J. Slota, M.Mantič, I. Gajdoš. Rapid Prototyping a Reverse Engineering v strojárstve. Košice: TUKE - Edícia študijnej literatúry, (2010). P. 207 - ISBN 978-80-553-0548
- M. Dúbravčík, Š. Kender , Š. Bab jak. Using of 3D scanner in the automotive design. In: Transfer inovácií. (2012), Vol. 22, p. 121- 124. - ISSN 1337-7094.
- M. Dúbravčík, Š. Kender. 3D scanning and measurement with 3D measuring devices. In: It-stro jár. (2011), p. 1-4. - ISSN 1338- 0761
- B. Shabani, Z. Pandilov. Analyzing and application of reverse engineering for desingn and development of mechanical parts. In: Mechanical Engineering – Scientific Journal, (2017) Vol. 35, No. 2, p. 89–96. - ISSN 1857–5293