Fintech is increasingly important and potentially the most rapid change in financial services sector, changing the way financial services firms operate and transforming debt and equity markets, payments, credit assessment, regulatory compliance, personal finance and many other facets of financial services. The aim of the article is to analyze the impact of Fintech on the financial services market in Poland in the 21st century, with particular emphasis on the banking and insurance sector. The author intends to answer the question whether modern solutions proposed by IT companies in the field of payment processing, data collection and processing in Big Data technology and financial consulting constitute competition, or are complementary to financial services offered by banks and insurance companies, and to identify opportunities and threats for the further development of Fintech in Poland.
- KPMG (2018). The Pulse of Fintech – H2’ 2018. 2018 Bi-annual analysis of global investment trends in the fintech sector. Accessed 10 April 2021, https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/ kpmg/xx/pdf/2018/07/h1-2018-pulse-of-fintech.pdf
- Nicoletti, B. (2017). The Future of FinTech: Integrating Finance and Technology in Financial Services. Palgrave Macmillan, Rome, 62-73.
- PWC (2019). Crossing the Lines: How FinTech is Propelling FS and TMT Firms Out of Their Lanes. Global FinTech Report, https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/industries/financial-services/assets/pwc-global-fintech-report-2019.pdf.
- KPMG (2022). Pulse of Fintech H2.21’21.,https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/xx/pdf/2022/0 2/pulse-of-fintech-h2-21.pdf.
- Laivi Laidroo & Mari Avarmaa (2020) The role of location in FinTech formation, Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, 32:7, 555-572.
- Lee, I., and Y. J. Shin (2018). Fintech: Ecosystem, business models, investment decisions, and challenges. Business Horizons 61: 35–46.
- Liu, J., X. Li, and S. Wang (2020). What have we learnt from 10 years of fintech research? A scientometric analysis. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 155: 1-22 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S004 0162519321869.
- Bömer, M., and H. Maxin (2018). Why fintechs cooperate with banks—Evidence from Germany. Zeitschrift für die Gesamte Versicherungswissenschaft 107: 359–86.
- Kliber A., Będowska-Sójka B., Rutkowska A. and K.Świeczyńska (2021). Triggers and Obstacles to the Development of the FinTech Sector in Poland, Risks, 9: 1-27. Accessed 10 April 2022, https:/doi.org./10.3390/risks9020030.
- Giudici P. (2018). Fintech Risk Management: A Research Challenge for Artificial Intelligence in Finance, Fronitiers of Artificial Inelligence, 1:1-6.
- Fedorus M. (2022), Examining the implications of AI Solutions for the operational risk in enterprise and/or in financial institutions, manuscript, not published (to be published).
- KNF (2018) Report on The Activities of The KNF And The KNF Board in 2018, https://www.knf.gov.pl/knf/en/komponenty/img/ANNUA L%20REPORT%20OF%20THE%20ACTIVITIES%2020 18_ 66983.pdf
- Statista(2022).https://www.statista.com/statistics/1246490/pola nd-number-of-fintech-companies.
- Vlaanderen (2018). Fintech in Poland. Accessed 05 April 2022, https://www.flandersinvestmentandtrade.com/export/sites/trade/ files/market_studies/2018-FinTech-in-Poland.pdf
- The map of Polish fintech (2021) Casless.pl. Accessed 15 April 2022, https://www.cashless.pl/report/mapa-polskiego-fintechu- 2021-ang.pdf.
- FinTechs in Poland (2022). Insides, Trends and Perspectives, Poznan University of Economics and Business, QuantFin,
- https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341726862_FinTechs _in_Poland_Insights_Trends_and_Perspectives
- Tradingeconomics.com (2022). https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/personal-savings, https:// https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/households-debt-to-income
- ING (2017). Finance Barometer ING 2017. INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL "INDUSTRY 4.0" WEB ISSN 2534-997X; PRINT ISSN 2534-8582 70