Big Data is becoming one of the most important technology trends. It presents a potential that is radically changing the way organizations use their information to be closer to customers by organizing in a way that benefits from the customer experience and transforms their business models.
Although Big Data is an ever-climbing trend in terms of industry, its meaning is still hidden by many conceptual ambiguities. The term is used to describe a wide range of concepts: from technological ability to storage, aggregation, data processing and finally their generation. In this paper the focus is at Big Data, because they are the technology of the future and in one way or another, they are affecting every field of industry. Furthermore, companies are increasingly trusting the possibility of using data as a valuable business asset to benefit and bring a competitive advantage compared to other companies. In the paper is presented also a SWOT Analysis that is conducted about Big Data information showing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and risks that they carry. Also are presented the challenges of Big Data Technologies for the future. At the end of the paper, there are conclusions and recommendations about the topic.
- M.Menaka, K. Meenakshisundaram, “An enhancement ro le and attribute based access control mechanism in b ig data”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 8 (5), 2018, pp. 3187-3193.
- J. Starren, M.S. Williams, E.P. Bottinger “Crossing the ornic chasm: a time for ornic ancillary systems”, Journal of Medical Association, 309 (12), 2013, pp. 1237-1238.
- H.E. Pence, “What is b ig data and why is it important”, Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 43 (2), 2014, pp. 159-171.
- J. S. Hurwitz, A. Nugent, F. Halper and M. Kaufman “Big Data for Dummies”, 2013, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, ISBN: 978- 1-118-50422-2.
- R. Akerkar, “Big Data Computing”, 2019, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Florida, USA, ISBN 9780367379117.
- E. Bonson, S. Royo and M. Ratkaj, Citizens engagement on local governments, An empirical analysis: The impact of different media and content types in western Europe. Government information quarterly. 32 (1), 2017, pp. 52-62.
- V.Prifti, I Markja, K Dhoska and A Pramono, “Management of information systems, implementation and their importance in Albanian enterprises”, Journal IOP Conference Series Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 909, 2020, pp. 1-11.
- J.C. Bertot, U. Gorham, P.T. Jaeger, L.C. Sarin, H. Cho i “Big Data”, 2014, Open government and e-government issues, policies and recommendations, Information Policy, 19 (1,2), 5-16.
- N. Vurukonda, B.R. Thirumala and T. R. Burramukku, “A secured cloud data storage with access privileges”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 6 (5), 2016, pp. 2338-2344.
- Sh. Yu, X. Lin, J. Misic and X. Shen “Networking for Big Data”, 2019, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Florida, USA, ISBN 9780367377533.