DOMINANT TECHNOLOGIES IN “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Obliteration of surface defects in 3D printing of metals by reactive electro spark surface modification
- 1 ISSAPP”N.Pushkarov” – Agricultural Academy – Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 National University of Science and Technology MISIS - Moscow, RU
In this work the possibilities of reducing the roughness and defects of surfaces obtained by 3D printing with selective laser melting (SLM), via reactive electrospark surface modification (ESD) with low-melting AlSi alloys has been shown. The influence of the energy parameters of the ESD process on the roughness, microstructure, microhardness and performance characteristics of the coatings has been studied. Surfaces with new phases and ultrafine crystal-amorphous structure with particle sizes from micro to nano level, with new relief, with thickness up to 15 μm and microhardness up to 11 GPa were obtained, as the initial SLM roughness from Ra = 8-11μm is reduced to Ra=3-5 μm. Possibilities for control of the characteristics of the coatings and purposeful synthesis of new phases by changing the parameters of the spark discharge have been established. The parameters of the ESD process, which provide simultaneous reduction of SLM surface roughness, removal and erasure of the defects and targeted reactive synthesis of new phases with high performance properties and wear resistance, are defined and optimized.
- Engineering-review 2017, "Additive production of metal parts", High-tech mechanical engineering, https://www.engineering-review.bg/bg/aditivno-proizvodstvo-na-metalni-detaili/2/3664/ in Bulgarian
- A. Laplume, B. Petersen, J. Pearce, Journal of International Business Studies, 47, no. 5, pp. 595-609, (2016).
- D. Freedman, Academic Search Premier 115 (1), 50, (2013).
- M.A. Zlenko, A.A Popovich, I.N. Mutylina, Additive technologies in mechanical engineering. Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, 222 p., (2013) in Russian
- M. Bogers, R. Hadar, A. Bilberg, j.Technological Forecasting and Social Changes, Elsevier, 102(C), 225, (2016).
- N.P. Aloshin, V.V. Murashov, A.G. Yevgenov, M.V. Grigor'yev, N.A. Shchipakov, S.A. Vasilenko, I.S. Krasnov, j. Defectoscopy, No 1, pp. 48-55, (2016) in Russian.
- W. Musiał, J. Haracewiat, K. Kozłowicz, Advanced Technologies in Mechanics, 2, 3(4), pp. 35-45, (2015).
- V. Sh. Sufiyarov, E. V. Borisov, A. Polozov, D. V. Masailo, j. Non-ferrous metals,. No. 7. pp. 68–74 (2018)
- J.A. Ramos-Grez,D.L. Bourell, International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, 21, 297-316 (2004).
- E. Yasa, J. Kruth, j.Adv. Prod. Eng. Manag. Q 6, 4, 259–270, (2011).
- F. Simoni, A. Huxol,Fr. J. Villmer, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing (2021) 32, 1927–1938,(2021)
- YO. Zhang, L. LI, Q. Chang,j. Surface Technology, 50, 150, (2021).
- T. Penyashki, D. Radev, M. Kandeva, G. Kostadinov, IOP Conference Series Materials Science and Engineering 724:012015 - International Conference on Tribology (ROTRIB’19), Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng.724, 012015, https://doi.org/10.1088/1757- 899X/724/1/012015
- S. K. Mukanov, M. I. Petrzhik, A. E. Kudryashov, E. A. Levashov, In: Proceedings of the XV International Symposium on Self-Propagating High-Temperature Synthesis, September, 16-20, 2019, Moscow, Russia, 2019. DOI: 10.24411/9999-0014A-2019- 10103.
- S. K. Mukanov, A. E. Kudryashov, M. I. Petrzhik: j. Physics and Chemistry of Material Processing, 3, 30, (2021).
- M. Brochu, G. Portillo, j. Materials transactions. 54. no. 6, 934–939. (2013)
- P.D. Enrique, E. Marzbanrad, Y. Mahmoodkhani, Z. JIao, E. Toyserkani, N.Y. Zhou , Surface and Coatings Technology. 362, 141 (2019)
- G. Kostadinov, T. Penyashki, B. Elenov et all , Materials, Methods & Technologies, ISSN 1314-7269, 14, 89-105, (2020)
- M. Petrzhik, V. Molokanov, E. Levashov: J. Alloys Compd, 707, 68 (2017).
- T. Penyashki, G. Kostadinov, Zh Kalitchin, M. Kandeva, Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology 23, 3, 1039 – 1048 (2022)
- J. Milligan, D. W. Heard, M. Brochu,j. Appl Surf Sci, 256, 12, 4009 (2010).
- S. Cadney, G. Goodall, G. Kim, A. Moran, M. Brochu, J. Alloys Compd, 476,1-2, 147 (2009).
- Bulgarian company for development of additive manufacturing technologies through 3D metal printing “SpaceCAD”- https://www.spacecad.bg/
- B. Antonov, Device for local electric-spark layering of metals and alloys by means of rotating electrode US Patent № 3832514 www.google.ch/patents/US3832514
- S. Bozhkov, A. Kachanov, Journal of Balkan Ecology, 24 ,3, 229-238, (2021) ISSN 1311-0527 (in print).