DOMINANT TECHNOLOGIES IN “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Survey of process parameters for a better product quality in industrial production with a low-cost 3D printer
- 1 Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
- 2 Albanian Academy of Sciences, Tirana, Albania
- 3 Institut Pprime, CNRS, Université de Poitiers, France
The most important areas of the industry, need products with short development stages. Additive manufacturing (AM) techniques, as Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM), are an integrated solution to the overall conception and product development cycles; the same competition is based on the development of new products with technological features, design and functional solutions in the shortest time. In this paper are discussed different process parameters for fused deposition modelling that affects the parts quality by using a low-cost 3D printer machine in order to produce an industrial product. The process parameters taken into the analysis, resulted effective in improving final parts quality.
- Pérez, M ; Medina-Sanchez, G ; Garcia-Collado, A ; Gupta, M ; Carou, D. Surface Quality Enhancement of Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) Printed Samples Based on the Selection of Critical Printing Parameters. Materials 2018, 11, 1382.
- Mahmood, S ; Qureshi, A.J. ; Talamona, D. Taguchi based process optimization for dimension and tolerance control for fused deposition modelling. Additive Manufacturing 2018, 21, 183- 190.
- Akande, S.O. Dimensional Accuracy and Surface Finish Optimization of Fused Deposition Modelling Parts using Desirability Function Analysis. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology 2015, ISSN : 2278-0181, 196-202.
- Zharylkassyn, B ; Perveen, A ; Talamona, D. Effect of process parameters and materials on the dimensional accuracy of FDM parts. Materials Today : Proceedings 2020.
- Lyu, J ; Manoochehri, S. Modeling Machine Motion and Process Parameter Errors for Improving Dimensional Accuracy of Fused Deposition Modeling Machines. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 2018, 121012-1.
- Garzon-Hernandez, S ; Garcia-Gonzalez, D ; Jérusalem, A ; Arias, A. Design of FDM 3D printed polymers : An experimental-modelling methodology for the prediction of mechanical properties. Materials and Design 2020, 188, 108414.
- Singh Rupal, B ; Mostafa, K.G. ; Wang, Y ; Jawad Qureshi, A. A Reverse CAD Approach for Estimating Geometric and Mechanical Behavior of FDM Printed Parts. Procedia Manufacturing 2019, 34, 535-544.
- Webbe Kerekes, T ; Lim, H ; Yeol Joe, W ; Jin Yun, G. Characterization of process- deformation/damage property relationship of fused deposition modeling (FDM) 3D-printed samples. Additive Manufacturing 2019, 25, 532-544.
- Kürsad Sezer, H ; Eren, O. FDM 3D printing of MWCNT re-inforced ABS nano-composite parts with enhanced mechanical and electrical properties. Journal of Manufacturing Processes 2019, 37, 339-347.
- Valean, C ; Marsavina, L ; Marghitas, M ; Linul, E ; Razavi, J ; Berto, F. Effect of manufacturing parameters on tensile properties of FDM printed samples. Procedia Structural Integrity 2020, 26, 313-320.
- Yao, T ; Ye, J ; Deng, Z ; Zhang, K ; Ma, Y ; Ouyang, H. Tensile failure strength and separation angle of FDM 3D printing PLA material : Experimental and theoretical analyses. Composites 2020, Part B 188, 107894.
- Bornert M, Brémand F, Doumalin P, et al. Assessment of digital image correlation measurement errors: Methodology and results. Exp Mech. 2009;49(3):353-370
- Barranger Y, Doumalin P, Dupré J-C, Germaneau A Strain Measurement by Digital Image Correlation: Influence of Two Types of Speckle Patterns Made from Rigid or Deformable Marks. Strain 2012 28(5):357–365.
- Y. Belrhiti, J.C. Dupre, O. Pop, A. Germaneau, P. Doumalin, M. Huger, T. Chotard, Combination of Brazilian test and digital image correlation for mechanical characterization of refractory materials, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 37, Janvier 2017, 2285–2293