DOMINANT TECHNOLOGIES IN “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Development of ceria-based catalysts for safety production and storage of hydrogen
- 1 Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
This study is aimed at the development of active and selective ceria-based catalysts for hydrogen production by methanol decomposition. The effectс of ceria modification with different metal oxides and development of mesoporous texture of the composites wере illustrated. The microstructure of the obtained catalysts was studied in details by different physicochemical techniques, such as nitrogen physisorption, XRD, HRTEM, SEM, various spectroscopic methods and TPR with hydrogen. The bi-metallic spinel oxides revealed promising potential for the synthesis of more active and selective catalysts. The catalyst formula was optimized using mesoporous ceria doped with iron oxide as catalyst support and deposition of nickel oxide nanoparticles on it.
- K. Mazloomi, C. Gomes, Renew. Sust. Energy Rev. 16, 3024 (2012).
- M. Granovskii, I. Dincer, M. A. Rosen, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy. 31, 337 (2006).
- J. Andersson, A. Krüger, S. Grönkvist, Energy Conv. Manag. X 7 100051 (2020).
- S. Bepari, D. Kuila, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 45, 18090 (2020).
- S. Qing, X. Hou, L. Li, G. Feng, X. Wang, Z. Gao, W. Fan, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 44, 16667 (2019).
- G. A. Olah, Catal. Lett. 93, 1 (2004).
- A. Trovarelli. Catal, Rev. Sci. Eng. 38, 439 (1996).
- N. Laosiripojana, S. Assabumrungrat, Chem. Eng. Sci. 61, 2540 (2006).
- L. P. Matte, A. S. Kilian, L. Luza, M. C. M. Alves, J. Morais, D. L. Baptista, J. Dupont, F. Bernardi. J. Phys. Chem. C 119, 26459 (2015).
- X. Zhu, M. Zhang, K. Li, Y. Wei, Y. Zheng, J. Hub, H. Wang, Chem. Eng. Sci. 179, 92 (2018).
- T. Tsoncheva, C. Rosmini, M. Dimitrov, G. Issa, J. Henych, Z. Němečková, D. Kovacheva, N. Velinov, G. Atanasova, I. Spassova. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 13, 1838 (2021).
- B. I. Kharisov, H. V. R. Dias, O. V. Kharissova, Arabian J. Chem. 12, 1234 (2019).