BUSINESS & “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Emissions to air in a seaport caused by cargo dispersion through the handling operations with dry bulks
- 1 Port of Bar, Montenegro
After general theoretical introduction referred on port related emissions, in this paper, special focus is given to emission to air in a seaport caused by dispersion of cargo through handling operation with dry bulk cargoes (and their storing on open storage area). In that context, on the concrete object of research – handling operations with dry bulk cargoes in the Port of Bar (Montenegro) – are analyzed elements which determine quantities of dispersed cargoes by handling operations types and their phases, considered intensity of emissions to air caused by cargo dispersion and recognized principal direction of action in order to reduce that dispersion (and consequent emissions to air).
- D. Delovic, Some considerations on correlation between port equipment maintenance and environmental aspects, International Conferences on Science and Technology, INCOST EST 2022 (ee-book, to be published), Budva (2022).
- European Commission, COM/2020/789 final Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy, https://eur-lex.europa.eu (2020)
- European Commission, COM/2019/640 final European Green Deal, https://ec.europe.eu/ (2019)
- Sustainable Development Goals, https://sdgs.un.org (2015)
- M. Puig, C. Woolridge, R. M. Dabra, ESPO Environmental report, ECOPorts insights, European Sea Port Organization (2021)
- L. Hyangsook, T. P. Hoang, C. Maowei, C. Sangho, Bottom-Up Approach Ship Emission Inventory in Port of Incheon Based on VTS Data, Ad. Data Intel. Th. And Pract. in Trans., Vol. 2021, Article ID 5568777, https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/5568777 (2021)
- O. Merk, Shipping Emissions in Ports, OECD, International Transport Forum, Paris, https://www.itf-oecd.org/ (2014)
- S. Barberi, M. Sambito, L. Neduzha, A. Severino, Pollutant Emissions in Ports: A Comprehensive Review. Infrast. 2021, 6, 114. https://doi.org/10.3390/ infrastructures6080114 (2021)
- F. Bojic, A. Gudelj, R. Bošnjak, Port-Related Shipping Gas Emissions—A Syst. Rev. of Res. Appl. Sci. 2022, 12, 3603. https://doi.org/10.3390/app12073603 (2022)
- V. Knežević, Z. Pavin, J. Čulin, Estimating Shipping Emissions – A Case Study for Cargo Port of Zadar, Croatia, the Int. J. on Mar. Nav. and Saf. of Sea Trans., Vol. 15, No. 3, (2021)
- C. H. Han, Air Pollution Reduction Strategies of World Major Ports, The Inter. Com. & Law Rev., Vol. 48 (2010).
- GEF-UNDP-IMO GloMEEP Project and IAPH, Port Emissions Toolkit, Guide No.1, Assessment of port emissions (2018)
- Y. Zhang, Y. Peng, W. Wang, J. Gu, X. Wu, X. Feng, Air emission inventory of container ports‘ cargo handling equipment with activity-based ‗‗bottom-up‘‘ method, Adv. in Mech. Eng. Vol. 9(7) (2017)
- J. Cofala, M. Amann, J. Borken-Kleefeld, A. Gomez-Sanabria, C. Heyes, G. Kiesewetter, R. Sander, W. Schoepp, M. Holland, H. Fagerli, A. Nyiri, Final Report The potential for cost-effective air emission reductions from international shipping through designation of further Emission Control Areas in EU waters with focus on the Mediterranean Sea, IIASA, Austria
- C. Trozzi, R. Vaccaro, Environmental impact of port activities, Maritime Engineering and Ports II, C.A. Brebbia & J. Olivella (Editors), www.witpress.com (2000)
- Port Air Quality Strategies, Department for Transport, London, www.gov.uk/dft (2019)
- S. Narusu, IAPH'S Initiatives to reduce emissions from ports, Multi-year Expert Meeting on Transport, Trade Logistics and Trade Facilitation Sustainable Freight Transport Systems: Opportunities for Developing Countries, International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH) (2015)
- F. Quaranta, F. Murena, M.V. Prati, Assessment of the impact of ship emissions on the air quality in Naples, Maritime Transportation and Harvesting of Sea Resources – Guedes Soares & Teixeira, Taylor & Francis Group, London (2018)
- C. Trozzi, R. Vaccaro, Air Pollutant Emissions from ships: high Tyrrhenian Sea ports case study, Trans, on the Built Env., vol 36 (1998)
- Tarifa usluga i naknada u međunarodnom transprotu roba, Opšte tarifne odredbe, Luka Bar (2002)