The objective of the paper is to analyze pros and cons of different generations from the point of view of their readiness to satisfy the required labor skills criteria for the Industry 4.0 workforce and willingness to participate in the process of upcoming transformation. The basic conclusion is that today´s coexistence of different generations should be transformed into an active and efficient collaboration. In many organizations teams consisting of workers belonging to different generations will be working and in these teams older (or even middle-aged ) colleagues should share their professional know-how and practical experience with younger colleagues and younger members should use their digital capabilities to achieve common objectives of the organization.
- Deloitte (2019a ) Digital Transformation Scoreboard 2018 Deloitte Insights 2019
- Deloitte (2019b) Global Millenial Survey 2019
- Deloitte (2020 a) 2020 Deloitte global human capital trends. Deloitte Insights 2020
- EUROSTAT (2022) Ageing Europe - statistics on working and moving into retirement
- Fonseca,L.M.(2018) Industry 4.0 and the digital society: concepts, dimensions and envisioned benefits. Proceedings of the12th International Conference on Business Eccellence
- Gayle, L. (2019) How Generation Z is transforming the workplace, Financial Executives International, August 22, 2019;
- Grabisch, B.C. (2020) Disrupt Yourself, Before Someone Disrupts You. Available at https://ili.digital/challenging-corporate/beatrice-guillaume-grabisch-digital-transformation-is-a-mutual-task/
- Guien, I. – Asaikar, E. (2018) What is the future of human beings in the new industrial revolution. BRIDG Insight, 27.1.2018
- Hayes A. Baby boomer factor (2022) available at boomer Effect (Baby Boomer Factor) Definition (investopedia.com)
- Kokles et.al. (2017) Research of Digital Literacy of Population in the Slovak Republic. In:Journal of Technology and Information Education.2017 N.1
- Kostrova, J.- Grmanova,E (2018) OLDER PEOPLE IN THE LABOR MARKET AND THEIR EMPLOYMENT IN SELECTED COUNTRIES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. In Socialno-ekonomicka revue 2018, N.
- Mckinsey &Comp.(2020) Reengineering manufacturing operations after CPVID 19.
- OECD (2018) Which skills for the digital era? OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working paper 2(18/09
- PWC (2020 a) Digital Transformation Survey 2020
- PWC (2020 b) 2020 Global digital IQ. Available at www.pwc.com.>consulting>digital.iq.html
- Veingerl. Čič, Ţ – Sarotar Ţiţek S.(2015) Intergenerational Cooperation at the Workplace from the Management Perspective. Research Gate September 2017
- Velšic (/2020) Digitálna gramotnosť na Slovensku 2020. Inštitút pre verejné otázky and Accenture, Bratislava 2020
- World Economic Forum (2016) The 10 skills you need to thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. WEF, Davos, 2016 Bratislava, Slovakia