SOCIETY & ”INDUSTRY 4.0”
Perspectives of digitization of primary health care services
- 1 Institute of Economics, Baku, Azerbaijan
In today’s globalized world, digital mechanisms are rapidly working through the inner layers of the economy, influencing and attracting those who shape, regulate, drive and manage the economy. The main approach here is the active application of new technologies – digital mechanisms, in the processes taking place in any sphere of the economy, including health care. Rapid advances in technology have necessitated the creation and implementation of new models for delivering quality primary care services. The COVID-19 pandemic has also highlighted the need for innovative digital solutions in health care. For these reasons, the formation of integrated models based on the application of new technologies in the context of the digital transformation of health systems is a guarantee for the delivery of quality primary health care services. The article examines the content and possibilities of digitalization of primary health care services, health technologies and areas of application, focusing on new technological opportunities, and the effectiveness of digital health services.
- Aliguliyev R.M., Mammadova M.H. The essence, opportunities and scientific problems of electronic medicine. Information society problems, No. 2, 3-19. (2017)
- Applause App Quality, Inc. New Survey Appeal of Telehealth Services. Applause. (2021). https://www.applause.com/survey-reveals-appeal-of-telehealth
- Applebaum S. Care beyond COVID: How the pandemic has changed the face of primary care. Spirit Digital. (2021). https://spirit-digital.co.uk/newsroom/care-beyond-covid-how-the-pandemic-has-changed-the-face-of-primary-care/
- Balasubramanian S. Augmented and Virtual Reality in healthcare. Forbes. (2022).
- Baird A., Nowak S. Why primary care practices should become digital health information hubs for their patients. BMC Family Practice. 15:190. (2014). https://doi:10.1186/s12875- 0140190-9
- Bowser J., Saxena S. et al. A healthy outlook: Digital reinvention in healthcare. International Business Machines Institute for Business Value. (2019).
- Calzon B. 21 examples of Big Data Analytics in healthcare that can save people. Business Intelligence. (2022).
- Dsilva E. The 5 most exciting innovations in digital health right now. Smart Health Amsterdam. (2020).
- Hajeri A. Electronic Health Records in Primary Care: Are we ready? Bahrain Medical Bulletin. vol. 33, No. 2. (2011)
- Institute of Medicine. Primary Care: America’s Health in a New Era. (1996)
- Mammadova M., Jabrayilova Z. Electronic medicine: formation and scientific-theoretical problems. Baku: "Information Technologies". (2019).
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Implementing High-Quality Primary Care: Rebuilding the Foundation of Health Care. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. (2021).
- Neve G., Fyfe M. Analysis digital health in primary care: risks and recommendations. British Journal of General Practice. (2020).
- Neves A.L., Burgers J. Digital technologies in primary care: Implications for patient care and future research. European Journal of General Practice, vol. 28, No 1, 203-208. (2022). https://doi.org/10.1080/13814788.2022.2052041
- Pagliari C. Digital health and primary care: Past, pandemic and prospects. J Glob Health, vol. 11. (2021). https://doi:10.7189/jogh.11.01005
- World Health Organization. A vision for primary health care in the 21st century. (2018).
- World Health Organization. Declaration of Astana. (2018).
- World Health Organization. Digital technologies: shaping the future of primary health care. (2018).
- World Health Organization. From innovation to implementation: e-health in the WHO European Region. (2016).
- World Health Organization. Quality in primary health care. (2018)