Formula Student is a student engineering competition. Students all over the world compete to build a racing vehicle. One of the main elements of this vehicle is the vehicle chassis. The chassis is one of the most important elements from the aspect of driver safety. There are different chassis design concepts. The two most common are the monocoque chassis and the tubular chassis. In this paper, a detailed structural analysis of the tubular chassis of the Formula Student vehicle was performed using the software. The chassis model was created in the CATIA software, and then the structural analysis was done in the ANSYS software. By applying modern software, it is possible to better understand the problems during construction, and significant financial and time savings can be made. ANSYS software can also be of great help in chassis optimization.
- Genta, G., & Morello, L. (2008). The Automotive Chassis: Volume 1: Components Design. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Cavazzuti, M., Baldini, A., Bertocchi, E., Costi, D., Torricelli, E., & Moruzzi, P. (2011). High performance automotive chassis design: a topology optimization based approach. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 44, 45-56.
- Agarwal, A., & Mthembu, L. (2022). Structural Analysis and Optimization of Heavy Vehicle Chassis Using Aluminium P100/6061 Al and Al GA 7-230 MMC. Processes, 10(2), 320.
- Patil, H. B., Kachave, S. D., & Deore, E. R. (2013). Stress analysis of automotive chassis with various thicknesses. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, 6(1), 44-49.
- Patel, V. V., & Patel, R. I. (2012). Structural analysis of a ladder chassis frame. World Journal of science and Technology, 2(4), 05-08.
- Dahmani, H., Pagès, O., & El Hajjaji, A. (2015). Observer-based state feedback control for vehicle chassis stability in critical situations. IEEE Transactions on control systems technology, 24(2), 636-643.
- Peng, J., He, H., & Feng, N. (2013). Simulation research on an electric vehicle chassis system based on a collaborative control system. Energies, 6(1), 312-328.
- Das, A. (2015). Design of student formula race car chassis. IJRET-2015.
- Abdullah, M. A., Mansur, M. R., Tamaldin, N., & Thanaraj, K. (2013, December). Development of formula varsity race car chassis. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 50, No. 1, p. 012001). IOP Publishing.
- Oymak, Y. A., & Feyzullahoğlu, E. (2021). Formula Student Race Car Chassis Design and Analysis. Journal of Advanced Research in Natural and Applied Sciences, 7(2), 201-218.
- Chandan, S. N., Sandeep, G. M., & Vinayaka, N. (2016). Design, analysis and optimization of race car chassis for its structural performance. International journal of engineering research and technology, 5(7), 361-367.
- Kumar MP, P., & Muralidharan, V. (2014). Design and analysis of a tubular space frame chassis of a high performance race car. International journal of research in engineering and technology, 3(02).
- Patil, R., & Chikkali, V. (2020). FEA Analysis of FSAE Chassis. Carbon, 100, 0-280.
- Dabhade, A., Pathan, K. A., Khan, S. A., & Jadhav, A. DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF CHASSIS FOR FORMULA STUDENT VEHICLE.
- Ahmad, Z., Abhinandan, A., & Sen, R. (2017). Determination of Ergonomics for Formula Student Vehicle. International Journal of Engineering Research and, 6(03).
- Barton, D. C., & Fieldhouse, J. D. (2018). Automotive Chassis Engineering (p. 337). Berlin: Springer.
- Francis, V., Rai, R. K., Singh, A. K., Singh, P. K., & Yadav, H. (2014). Structural analysis of ladder chassis frame for jeep using Ansys. International Journal of Modern engineering research, 4(4).
- Formula Student Rules. (2022). SAE
- Kale, A. L. P. E. R. E. N. (2016). Design of Formula Student Race Car Chassis.
- Hiller, M. (2020). Design of a Carbon Fiber Composite Monocoque Chassis for a Formula Style Vehicle.
- Sharma, S., & Obaid, A. J. (2020, May). Optimal Design, Simulation and implementation of Solar Photo-voltaic Panels in Hybrid electric vehicles using CATIA V5R19 software integrated with ANSYS 13.0 versions. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1530, No. 1, p. 012124). IOP Publishing.
- Prasad, T. S., Krishnaiah, T., Iliyas, J. M., & Reddy, M. J. (2014). A review on modeling and analysis of car wheel rim using CATIA & ANSYS. International Journal of Innovative Science and Modern Engineering (IJISME), ISSN, 2319, 6386.
- Lučić, M. (2022). Kinematic analysis of the slider-crank mechanism of an internal combustion (IC) engine using modern
- software. Mechanization in agriculture & Conserving of the resources, 68(1), 11-17.
- Meghashyam, P., Naidu, S. G., & Baba, N. S. (2013). Design and analysis of wheel rim using CATIA & ANSYS. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management, 2(8), 14-20.
- Boghian, G. M., & Baroiu, N. (2017). Graphical representation of a hybrid-air vehicle using Catia V5 software. Journal of Industrial Design and Engineering Graphics, 12(1), 79-86.
- Askari, H., Pandey, P., & Raadhaasaminathan, S. (2019). Vehicle Door Cutline Determination with Mathematical Modelling on CATIA V5 (No. 2019-28-0107). SAE Technical Paper.
- Raj Kumar, G., Balasubramaniyam, S., Senthil Kumar, M., Vijayanandh, R., Raj Kumar, R., & Varun, S. (2019). Crash analysis on the automotive vehicle bumper. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, 8(6S3), 1602-1607.
- Singh, R. P. (2010). Structural performance analysis of formula SAE car. Jurnal Mekanikal.