Following some theoretical investigations, through the analysis of educational policy documents, we will compare the education system in Romania and France. The motivation for choosing this theme for analysis was represented by the numerous similarities between the two education systems. The analysis criteria of the present study considered the following criteria: the structure of the education system, educational policy principles, purposes, costs.
- Archip, A. (2021). How much European countries spend on education. Romania is in second last place in the EU in terms of the percentage of GDP allocated to education. https://www.scoala9.ro/cat-cheltuiesc-tarile-europene-pe-educatie-romania-este-pe-penultimul-loc/814/
- Balázsi, I., Ostorics, L., Szalay, B. (2008). PISA 2006 Executive Summary Today’s Education and Tomorrow’s Society. https://www.oktatas.hu/pub_bin/dload/kozoktatas/nemze tkozi_meresek/pisa/pisa2006_angol_osszefoglalo.pdf
- European Comission. (2022). Fundamental principles and national policies.
- OECD. (2010). PISA 2009 Results: Executive Summary. https://www.oecd.org/pisa/pisaproducts/46619703.pdf - 2009
- Ofițeru, A. (2019). PISA 2018 results Poor performances of Romanian students/ The lowest score since 2012 so far/ Romania is among the three countries with regression in mathematics. https://www.hotnews.ro/stiri-educatie-23528977- rezultate-pisa-2018-performante-slabe-ale-elevilor-romani-cel-mai-mic-punctaj-din-2012-pana-acum.htm
- National Education Law. (2011/2022). https://edu.ro/sites/default/files/_fi%C8%99iere/Legislat ie/2022/LEN_2011_actualizata_2022.pdf
- Pantazi, R. (2013). PISA 2012 results: Almost 40% of Romanian students have difficulties reading and understanding a text and can only solve basic exercises in Mathematics. https://www.hotnews.ro/stiri-esential-16124454- publicatrezultatele-testelor-pisa-2012-romania-ocupa-locul-45-matematica.htm
- Pantazi, R (2016). PISA 2015 test results: Romania records a decrease in education performance compared to 2012, but it is still increasing compared to 2006. https://www.hotnews.ro/stiri-esential-21453101- rezultate-testepisa-2015-romania-inregistreaza-usoara-crestere-performantelor-educatie-vezi-tarile-top.htm
- UNICEF (2014). The cost of insufficient investment in education in Romania. https://www.unicef.org/romania/media/4226/file/Costuri le%20Investi%C8%9Biei%20Insuficiente%20%C3%AE n%20Educa%C8%9Bie%20%C3%AEn%20Rom%C3% A2nia.pdf
- Vasile, M., Muscă, M., Angi, D., Bădescu, G. (2020). PISA 2018: What do the new PISA results tell us about educational inequalities in Romania? https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342049065_PI SA2018_CE_NE_SPUN_NOILE_REZULTATE_PISA _DESPRE_INEGALITATILE_EDUCATIONALE_DIN _ROMANIA