In 2022 the Erath rotation velocity reached its maximum and in 2017-2020 the Chandler wobble of the rotational axis disappeared for the second time in the history of observations. Unexplained modulations of 90 and 20-25 year periods are observed. They reflect geophysical processes in the atmosphere, ocean, and Earth’s interior and can be linked to climate. It is important to understand their causes and predict them for navigation etc. We found out, that the orientation of the lunar orbital plain and position of perigee revolves in such manner, that their mutual positions repeat with 90-year semi-periods at the minimum of the Chandler wobble. At the same time synodic period of syzygies in perigee (every 412 days) with respect to the position of the Chandler pole (433 days) rotates within ~22-23 years. We have collected arguments in favor of the hypothesis that the mass flows and redistribution within the Earth systems under the influence of apsidal-nodal effects of luni-solar tide could be responsible for the above mentioned modulations in the Earth rotation.
- Bizouard C., Geophysical modelling of the polar motion, De Gruyter, (2020).
- Gross R., Theory of Earth Rotation Variations, VIII Hotine- Marussi Symposium on Mathematical Geodesy, (2015), https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30530-1
- Dehant V. & P. M. Mathews, Precession, Nutation, and Wobble of the Earth, Cambridge University Press. 554 p. (2015), ISBN 9781107092549
- Malkin Z, Belda S, Modiri S. Detection of a New Large Free Core Nutation Phase Jump, Sensors, 22(16):5960, (2022), https://doi.org/10.3390/s22165960.
- Zotov L., N. Sidorenkov, Ch. Bizouard, Anomalies of the Chandler Wobble in 2010s, Moscow University Physics Bulletin, Vol. 77, N. 3, pp.55-58, (2022), https://doi.org:10.3103/S0027134922030134
- Zotov L. Earth rotation and climate processes, 306 p., MIEM HSE, (2022)
- Lowrie W., A students guide to geophysical equations, Cambridge Univ. press, (2011).
- Sidorenkov N.S., Synchronization of terrestrial processes with frequencies of the Earth-Moon-Sun system, Astronomical and Astrophysical Transactions (AApTr), Vol. 30, Iss. 2, pp. 249- 260, (2017).
- Avsyuk Yu. N., Tidal forces and natural processes, Shmidt IPE RAS, Moscow, (1996).
- L. Zotov, Ch. Bizouard and N. Sidorenkov, Chandler Wobble and Lod Anomalyes in 2010–2020s, Proceedings of the 19th Annual Meeting of the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS 2022), p. 153-155 (2023). https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/epdf/10.1142/13385
- Zotov L., Bizouard C., Shum C.K., A possible interrelation between Earth rotation and climatic variability at decadal time-scale, Geodesy and Geodynamics, Vol. 7, Iss. 3, pp. 216-222, KeAi, China, (2016), ttps://doi.org:10.1016/j.geog.2016.05.005.