The dynamics of the environment in which businesses operate underlines the need for new tools and approaches to management engineering. There has been recently a growing interest in finding comprehensive solutions covering all aspects of the entire business management. Besides, with a more pronounced customer-centred focus of the company, the competition now takes on a brand-new character considering the fact that the rivalry is not between individual companies, but between entire chains of manufacturers and suppliers. The research study focuses on the need for innovative engineering solutions in response to company’s management processes. A network approach has been proposed as an opportunity to implement the reengineering of external processes (Х-engineering). Moreover, such a proposition is strongly substantiated by the fact that modern companies are prone to expand their activities in the (cyber) space, working together in different types of business networks (Businessnetwork-BN).
- Hammer, M., Stanton, S. (1995) The Reengineering Revolution: A Handbook. Harper Collins Publishing;
- Champy, A. (2002) X-engineering the Corporation: Reinventing your Business in the Digital Age, Warner Books, New York, NY;
- Todorov, K. (2000.). Basics of the small business. Sofia, Trakia-M, p. 280;
- Gummesson, E., (2008) "Customer centricity: reality or a wild goose chase?", European Business Review, Vol. 20 Issue: 4, pp. 315-330, https://doi.org/10.1108/09555340810886594;
- Ahmed, P., Hardaker,, Carpenter, M. Integrated flexibility – key to competition in a turbulent environment. Long Range Planning, Vol. 29, №4, 1996, p. 563;
- Krebs, V., J. Holley, Building Smart Communities through Network Weaving © 2002-2006 ;
- Panayotova, T.(2010) Engineering of business process management in a dynamic environment, First international scientific and practical conference “Economics and management”, “Business and public sector in economic crisis - problems and perspectives”, SSN 1314-197X, TU Varna, 2010, p.p. 261-266;
- Medlin, Christopher John, Interaction in business relationships: A time perspective - Industrial marketing management, 2004;
- Tortorello, M., D. Krackhard, Activating Cross-Boundary Knowledge: The Role Of Simmelian Ties Im The Generation Of Innovations, Academy of Management Journal, 2010,Vol 53, №.1, 167-181.