There often seem to be differences in work values between employees (and managers) who are from different generation. There has been a continuing debate about the extent to which Gen Yers and Zers are motivated by similar values and processes as those from earlier generations, who were already in the workplace when earlier studies were conducted. An associated question might be whether Gen Yers (many of whom are now working as junior and middle managers) and Zers that work on R&D center subscribe to similar motivational techniques and theories as those managers who were born in an earlier generation. Although there has been a great deal of speculation and opinion regarding the motivation of the Generation Y and Z that work on R&D center, there has been relatively little formal research.
- Saba T. (2013). Understanding Generational Differences in the Workplace: Findings and Conclusions, Industrial Relations Centre (IRC) School of Policy Studies Queen‘s University Kingston.
- Kupperschmidt, B. (2000). Multigenerational Employees: Strategies for Effective Management. Health Care Manager, 19, 65-76.
- Ozkan M. and Solmaz, B. (2015). The Changing Face Of The Employees- Generation Z And Their Perceptions Of Work, Procedia Economics and Finance, 26 ( 2015 ) 476 – 483.
- Wong I. A., Wan Y. K. P. and Gao J. H. (2017). How to attract and retain generation Y employees? An exploration of career choice and meaning of work. Tourism Management Perspectives 23 (2017) 140 –150.
- Francis-Smith, J. (2004). Surviving and thriving in the multigenerational workplace. Journal Record, 1.
- Baruch, Y. (2004). Managing careers: Theory and practice. London: Prentice Hall.
- Maxwell, G. A. (2005). Checks and balances: The role of managers in work-life balance policies and practices. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 12(3), 179-189.
- Kerslake, P. (2005). Words from the Ys. New Zealand Management, 52(4), 44-46.
- Suleman, R., and Nelson, B. (2011). Motivating the millennials: Tapping into the potential of the youngest generation. Leader to Leader, 2011(62), 39–44.
- Vui-Yee K. and Paggy K. (2018). The Effect of Work Fulfilment on Job Characteristics and Employee Retention: Gen Y Employees. Global Business Review 21(2) 1–15.
- Berkup Baysal S. (2014). Working With Generations X And Y In Generation Z Period: Management Of Different Generations In Business Life. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 5 No 19.
- Buckley, R. Beu D. Novıcevıc M. Sıgerstad T. (2001) Managing Generation Next: Individual and Organizational Perspectives", Review of Business, Vol.22/1.
- Schawbel, D., (2013) Millenials vs. Baby Boomers: Who Would You Rather Hire? http://business.time.com/millenialsvs-baby-boomers-who-would-you-rather-hire (Date Accessed: 26.04.2019).
- Levickaıte, R. (2010) Generations X Y Z: How Social Networks Form The Concept Of The World Without Borders The Case Of Lithuania, Liımes.
- S. Deterding, M. Sicart, L. Nacke, K. O‘Hara, and D. Dixon, ―Gamification. using game-design elements in non-gaming contexts,‖ in Proceedings of the 2011 annual conference extended abstracts on Human factors in computing systems, New York, NY, USA, 2011, vol. 2, pp. 2425–2428.
- Korn O. and Schmidt A. (2015). Gamification of business processes: Re-designing work in production and service industry. Procedia Manufacturing 3 ( 2015 ) 3424 – 3431.
- https://www.cmswire.com/digital-workplace/building-a-culturethat-attracts-generation-z/. (Date Accessed: 26.04.2019).
- McAllister R. B. and Vandlen C. E. (2010). Motivating Employees in R&D, Cornell HR Review.
- http://millennialbranding.com/2014/geny-genz-globalworkplace-expectations-study/ (Date Accessed: 26.04.2019).
- Maxwell G. A., Ogden S. M. and Broadbridge A. (2010). Generation Y‘s Career Expectations and Aspirations: Engagement in the Hospitality Industry. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management,17, 53–61.
- Twenge J. M., Campbell S. M., Hoffman B. J. and Lance C. (2010). Generational Differences in Work Values: Leisure and Extrinsic Values Increasing, Social and Intrinsic Values Decreasing. Journal of Management Vol. 36 No. 5, 1117-1142.
- https://www.nfon.com/en/news/blog/blog-detail/3-commonworkplace-habits-millennials-and-gen-z-will-eliminate/ (Date Accessed: 26.04.2019).
- Hazak A., Ruubel R. and Virkebau M. (2018). When would creative R&D employees like to work?, International Journal of Organizational Analysis, EmeraldPublishingLimited 1934-8835.