Power systems emulator based on DCS
- 1 Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics– Technical University of Kosice, the Slovak Republic
Research, optimization and practical implementation of optimization processes in power subsystems of power plants, heating plants and industrial plants present a relatively complex task that is nowadays unimaginable without powerful specialized tools of computer support. The paper presents a power systems emulator concept (a tool for the design and application processes involving power systems) that is based on decentralized control systems (DCS) standardly used today. Basic principles of modular design of the emulator along with an example of its implementation based on the Siemens SIMATIC-S7 DCS system are presented.
- Weijia Y., et al., A Mathematical Model and Its Application for Hydro Power Units under Different Operating Conditions. In Energies, 8, 10260-10275, 2015. ISSN 1996-1073
- Weng Ch.K., Ray A Dai X., Modelling of Power Plant Dynamics and Uncertainties for Robust Control Synthesis. In Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 20, Iss.7, 501-512, 1996. DOI 10.1016/0307- 904X(95)00169-K.
- Hernandez, G. A. M., Mansoor, S. P. and Jones, D. L.. Modelling and Controlling Hydropower plants, Springer, 2012. DOI 10.1007/978-1- 4471-2291-312
- Singh G., Chauhan D. S., Simulation and Modeling of Hydro Power Plant to Study Time Response during Different Gate States. In International Journal of Advanced Engineering Sciences and Technologies, Vol. 10, No. 1, 042 – 047, 2011.
- Koo K.L., Modeling of Plant Controllers Using the PSS-E to MATLAB Simulink Interfacte (PMSI) in PSS-E 30. In Power Technology, Newsletter Issue 96, 1-14, 2004.
- Karady G. G., Holbert K. E., Electric Generating Stations, in Electrical Energy Conversion and Transport: An Interactive Computer-Based Approach. Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013.
- Magnúsdóttir A., Winkler D., Modelling of a Hydro Power Station in an Island Operation. In Proc. Of International Modelica Conference, Prague, 483-492, 2017. DOI 10.3384/ecp17132483.
- Fuchs E. F., Masoum M.A.S., Power Conversion of Renewable Energy Systems, Springer, 2011. ISBN 978-1-4419-7978-0
- Usman A.A., Abdulkadir R.A., Modelling and Simulation of Micro Hydro Power Plant Using MATLAB Simulink. Proc. of 2nd Int. Conf. on Science, Technology and Management (ICSTM), University of Delphi, New Delphi, 1121-1133, 2015.
- Sattou, M., Simulation Model of Hydro Power Plant Using MATLAB/Simulink. In Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 4, Issue 1, 295-30, 2014. ISSN 2248 – 9622.
- Tiwari J., et al,. Modelling and Simulation of Hydro Power Plant using MATLAB & WatPro 3.0. In I.J. Intelligent Systems and Applications, 08, , 1-8, 2015. DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2015.08.01.
- Acakpovi A., Hagan E.B. and Fiftatin F.X., Review of Hydropower Plant Models. In Int. Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 108, No. 18, 33-38, 2014. DOI: 10.5120/19014-0541.
- Kishor N., Sainia S. P. and Singhb S. P., A review on hydropower plant models and control. Science Direct, Review of Sustainable Energy Review, Elsevier, pp. 776-796, 2006.