INNOVATION POLICY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
Elastic and static characteristics of innovative balistic boron carbide ceramic articles
- 1 Institute of Metal Science, equipment, and technologies with Hydro - and Aerodynamics Center “Acad. A. Balevski” - a Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 Institute of Mechanics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria; Sofia University,Faculty of Physics
- 3 Firm Nomat Ltd, Burgas, Bulgaria
- 4 Inner Mongolian Metal Material Research Institute, Ningbo, P.R. China
Boron carbide ceramic products are made using an innovative technology and their elastic and static properties are tested. The products are of different shape and thickness and can be user to build the front layer of macro dispersal ceramic-polymer modular systems for individual protection and for armoring of military land and air mobile and stationary objects.
- Kislii P. S., М.А. Kuzenkova, N.I. Bodnakruk, B.K. Grabchuk, Karbid Bora, Kiev, Naukowa Dumka, 1988.
- Lakov L., Zheng Shungi, Asenov St., Study of the effectiveness of corundum and boron carbide ceramics in hybrid protection systems, International Scientific Journal "Security Future" Issue 2, 2019, pp 63-65.
- St. Asenov, L. Lakov, V. Petrov, Rafailov, Kr. Tncheva, Composite material on the basis of corundum ceramics for the protection of cumulative and kinetic military supplies, Third National Conference with International Participation "Metal Science, Hydro- and Aerodynamics, National Security" 2013.
- Krautkramer J., H. Krautkramer, Ultrasonic testing of materials, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1983.
- Leissa A. W., The Free Vibration of Rectangular Plates, Journal of Sound and Vibration 31 (1973) 257-293.
- Leissa A.W., Vibration of Plates (NASA SP-160), US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1969.
- Warburton G.B., The vibration of rectangular plates, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers 168 (1953) 371-384.
- Alfano M., L. Pagnotta, An Inverse Procedure for Determining the Material Constants of Isotropic Square Plates by Impulse Excitation of Vibration, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vols. 3-4 (2005) pp. 287-292.
- Alfano, M., L. Pagnotta, Determining the elastic properties of isotropic materials by modal vibration testing of rectangular.