In scientific view, an innovative economy is an economy that is based on knowledge, new achievements in science, technology and highly intellectual capital. The article defines the main components of the innovative economy, each of which reaches a competitive level according to international criteria: first of all, it is innovative potential; institutional innovation system; innovative infrastructure and highly organized forms of interaction of economic entities, including innovation centers, technoparks, technopolises, clusters, venture business and others; favorable environment for human capital growth. In the course of the study, we have given scientific credence to the indicators of innovative development of economy, criteria and indicators for assessing innovative nature of production, innovation activity at the levels of enterprises, organizations, territories, as well as indicators of innovation commitment of economy and the effectiveness of innovative processes.
- Regiony Rossii. Social'no-ekonomicheskie pokazateli 2018. Stat.sbornik. [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators of 2018. Staistical compendium]. (In Russian). Moscow: Rosstat, 2018, 1162 p.
- Demidova I. D., Minina V. N. Organizatsionnye formy integrativnogo sotsial'no-gumanitarnogo razvitiya nauki i obrazovaniya (na primere znaniya) [Organizational forms of integrative social and humanitarian development of science and education (on the example of knowledge)]. In: Filosofiya obrazovaniya [Philosophy of education]. (In Russian). 2004, No 3, pp. 53-60.
- Kopach D. B. Mekhanizmy realizatsii konkurentnoi strategii razvitiya vuza: Dis..... kand.ekon.nauk: 08.00.05 [Mechanisms of implementation of competitive strategy of University development : PhD thesis in Economics : 08.00.05] (In Russian). Moscow, 2005. 170 p. RGB OD, 61:05-8/3727.
- Kundius V. A., An E. A. Formirovanie innovatsionnykh tsentrov v sfere nauki, obrazovaniya i proizvodstva (biznesa). [Formation of innovation centers in the field of science, education and production (business)]. In: Rynochnaya integratsiya v agroprodovol'stvennom sektore: tendentsii, problemy, gosudarstvennoe regulirovanie: materialy Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Market integration in the agricultural food sector: trends, problems, government regulation: materials of the International scientificpractical conference]. (In Russian). Moscow, A.A. Nikonov AllRussia Institute of Agricultural Problems and Information Science: "Encyclopedia of Russian villages", 2010. – pp. 185-187.
- H. Chesbrough. Open Innovation. The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology, 2003.
- H. Chesbrough. Open Business Models. How to Thrive in the New Innovation Landscape, 2006