The COVID-19 pandemic is one of the biggest challenges facing modern society and business. In a dynamic crisis situation such as the current one, the forecasts for the impact of COVID-19 on the world economy and the development of individual business structures are changing. Business is facing more and more difficulties, and uncertainty and uncertainty are increasingly taking over global and economic life. The implementation of an anti-crisis policy based on innovation is becoming key to tackling the pandemic. The main objective of this study was to demonstrate the challenges of bio-enterprises during corona virus pandemic in Bulgaria and the opportunities they can draw to create innovation. A number of research methods and techniques for the tertiary and empirical part of the work were applied in the aim of realizing the objects and goals of the research – economical, statistical, mathematical, descriptive, comparative, monographic, graphical, questionnaire survey, etc. Initial contact and other basic information about all organic producers are collected from the official register of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food of the Republic of Bulgaria – a database of producers, processors and traders of organic products and food produced in organic production in a way that maintains such an up-to-date database. The analysis is based on data processing by 234 surveyed representatives of bio-enterprises from all sectors of the bioeconomy in Bulgaria. The data analysis result shows that many small and large businesses are suffering challenges and this unprecedented coronavirus crisis has caused destruction for many businesses in the globe and it is challenging to survive with reduced revenue, jobs lost and life slowing down and weak marketing performance even difficult to keep a calm head and their business alive. To support these businesses the government should use different mechanisms by cooperating with wealthy peoples and other non-governmental organizations. Besides, the bio- business owners should manage expectations and communicate with staff, suppliers, banks, and customers throughout this coronavirus frightening. Reduce expenses, be open to their employees about their finances and keep marketing, use different alternatives to deliver their product and recover from the crisis. The changes in the production and economic activity as a result of the imposed measures for limiting the infection have been studied; the main risks threatening future development and the type of anti-crisis innovative decisions taken by management.
- Goodin, Robert E., and Hans-Dieter Klingemann, eds. A New Handbook of Political Science. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1998, p. 7
- Семов, М., Теория на политиката, С., 2000, с. 274, 488
- Беляева С., В. Кошкина, Теория и практика антикризисного управления, Закон и право, М., 1996 г.
- Иванов, Д., Власт и политика, В: Политология, четвърто издание под редакцията на проф. Георги Янков, УИ „Стопанство―, С., 2002, с. 18.
- Фотев, Г., Смисълът на политиката, АИ ―М. Дринов―, С., 1999, с. 9
- Илиев, Й.и колектив, Антикризисно управление на индустриалните фирми, Авангард Прима, С., 2011 г.
- Клейнер Г., Л. Тамбовцев, Р. Качалов, Предприятие в нестабильной экономической среде: риски, стратегии, безопасность, Экономика, М., 1997 г.,
- Моляков Д., Финансы предприятий отраслей народного хозяйства: Учебное пособие, ФиС, М., 1996 г.
- Грачев А., Анализ и управление финансовой устойчивостю предприятия, Финпресс, М., 2002 г.
- Холт Р., Основы финансового менеджмента/перевод с английского, М., Дело, 1993 г.
- Крутик А.Б., Муравьев А.И., ―Антикризисный менеджмент‖, СПб: Питер, 2001г.
- Луканов К., К. Луканов, Финансово управление на предприятието, Издателство „ИМН‖, Пловдив, 2007 г.
- Narayanan, V. K. Managing Technology and Innovation for Competitive Advantage. New Jersey, Prentice Hall, 2000.
- Baumol, J. W., 2006, Entrepreneurship and innovation: (Micro)Theory of price and profit. ISS Conference, Innovation, Competition and Growth: Schumpeterian Perspectives, Nice – Sophia Antipolis, 21—24 June 2006.
- Afuah, A. (2003) Innovation Management Strategies, Implementation and Profits, Oxford University Press.
- Tanveer, M. A., Akbar, A., Gill, H. & Ahmed, I., Role of Personal Level Determinants in Entrepreneurial Firm’s Success. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 2013, pp. 449-458.
- Gigova T., Nikolova-Alexieva V., Valeva K. ―Application of Business Crisis Forecasting Models in Bulgaria, Published under licence by IOP Publishing Ltd; IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 618, 8th International Scientific Conference "TechSys 2019" – Engineering, Technologies and Systems 16–18 May 2019, Plovdiv, Bulgaria; doi:10.1088/1757-899X/618/1/012071, рр.1-10
- Rebound, M. A., Innovation Management of SMEs in the creative sector. International Journal of Innovation, 31(2),2008, pp. 41-57.
- Nikolova-Alexieva V., Alexieva I.,―Analysis of the condition of Bulgarian bioeconomy and potential directions of its development‖, KNOWLEDGE–International Journal Vol.34.5, Institute of Knowledge management, Kavala, GREECE, 2019, pp 1201-12019